Tʜᴇ Lᴀʙʏʀɪɴᴛʜ ᴏғ Gᴇᴅʀᴇғ

The witch was standing beside Gaius in the throne room when the doors burst open

"Father," Arthur stated as he walked into the room, Merlin and two knights following closely after him. "A unicorn's horn to grace the walls of Camelot," he announced, and her brother stood in front of the King, holding a pillow on which was the horn placed.

She looked at Merlin in shock, and he discreetly gestured towards the Prince.

"Magnificent," Uther exclaimed and took the horn in his hands. "It's the first one I have seen. Gaius, look at this."

Estelle felt sick to her stomach and couldn't help but glare slightly at the Crown Prince, who returned it with a confused look. He didn't understand what he was doing wrong, but to be honest, she was acting a little too much bitterly towards him ever since they got back from Ealdor, and he could only hope that she wasn't blaming him for what happened back there. 

"It is very impressive, my lord," the physician told him hesitantly, eyeing the horn, but by the tone of his voice, everyone was sure he had something on mind.

 The King sighed and looked at him. "What is it, Gaius? Speak your mind."

"Unicorns are rare and mystical creatures. There is a legend that says that bad fortune will come to anyone who slays one," he stated and looked at the Prince, who chuckled, not thinking too much of the physician's voice. 

Arthur was happy to make his father proud, and some legend was the last thing that could bother him at the moment.

"Nonsense," the King declared, waving his words off, "We will be the envy of every kingdom."

He patted his son on the shoulder, causing him to smile at him. "I'm pleased you like it."

The two siblings exchanged a concerned look with their guardian, knowing that something bad will indeed happen. Just like always.

꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

"I don't understand how Arthur can have taken any pleasure from killing the unicorn," Estelle stated, walking beside her brother and Gaius, being a bit disappointed.

The physician was returning to his chambers, and the siblings decided to accompany him there before they resumed the chores they needed to finish.

"Arthur is a hunter, it's in his blood. Whereas you're something entirely different," the old man told her, and Merlin sighed.

"Yeah, she's his prey," he remarked, earning a revolted stare from her as she slapped his arm.

"Say that once again, and..."