Tʜᴇ Tᴇᴀʀs ᴏғ Uᴛʜᴇʀ Pᴇɴᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ᴘᴛ.₁

It had been over a year since the incident that happened with the dragon and Morgana's disappearance

It had been over a year since the incident that happened with the dragon and Morgana's disappearance. And it was mostly peaceful, with no serious events that required the siblings to use their abilities.

The King of Camelot was still searching for his ward, refusing to lose hope. He kept sending search parties throughout the entire kingdom, but every time they had returned with nothing.

The Crown Prince, along with the patrol and his manservant, left Camelot early that day to try their luck as well.

Estelle stayed in the city since she wished to spend some time with Guinevere in the lower town. Also, she thought it would be nice to have at least a day without Arthur by her side.

He was trying too much to 'woo' her, as he liked to call it, and it could get obnoxious from time to time. Whenever she was meant to be doing the chores, he would steal hear away.

She didn't mind it at first, but then again, even she needed to do her job properly just like any other servant in the castle.

Currently, the two women were sitting on the ground at a meadow below the castle, observing as children played together, chasing butterflies around or picking up blooming flowers.

"You have yet to tell me about how your life was like back in Ealdor," the blacksmith's daughter spoke up after a moment of silence, and the witch smiled at the mention of her old home.

However, it brought back bad memories she wished to forget. "There really isn't much to tell."

Gwen rolled her eyes with an inquiring expression, curious to hear some stories. "I'm sure it couldn't be as boring as you make it sound. Come on. There have to be some happy memories."

"Of course, but it wasn't anything extraordinary. Just a simple life in a small village where everyone recognised each other," the raven-haired girl answered promptly.

"Was life easier back there?" Guinevere asked, earning a soft chuckle.

It wasn't the easiest question to find answer to, and Estelle took her moment in pondering over one. "A little," she admitted, "But I came to like it here. It has its charm."

"Does that charm happen to be our Crown Prince?" A blush settled on the young witch's face, and she cleared her throat awkwardly.

"I have no idea why would you assume that," she stated in a joking tone, trying to hide her embarrassment, and the dark-skinned maid laughed.

"I'm surprised his father is blind to it. Arthur isn't really trying to keep it in secret these days," Gwen pointed out. It had been exactly two days since she had found the couple in one of the spare rooms, and though they were fully clothed, the embarassement she felt at seeing them in one bed was undescriable.