Tʜᴇ Hᴜɴᴛᴇʀ·s Hᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴛ.₁

The scenery is so beautiful... I think I'm in love. 😍 

Hope you'll enjoy the chapter!

The Queen of Camelot stood beside her brother, her eyes directed toward her son

The Queen of Camelot stood beside her brother, her eyes directed toward her son. William loved to not only watch his father train, but take part as well. His giggles filled the air, a cheerful smile blooming on his mother's face.

She didn't agree with it at first, but seeing that everyone was being overly careful eased her nerves as the little prince swung around with a wooden dagger while Arthur helped keep him up on his feet.

It was a sight that would cause any parent to feel elated. William was making big improvements since he could already stand on his own for a while and with someone's helping hand could even make a few steps without tumbling down.

"Have you heard from Morgana recently?" Merlin asked quietly, trying to seem unbothered by the lack of information they had on her whereabouts in spite of the uneasiness he felt.

Estelle's gaze dropped. "Not a word," she mumbled as the smile disappeared from her face, "As much as I'd like to believe that Morgause wouldn't hurt her, something feels awfully wrong. I can only hope she's doing well."

He squeezed her hand to reassure her, and she leaned her head on his shoulder, right at the moment when the Pendragon glanced her way. After seeing her uptight expression, he flashed her a charming smile, receiving the same from her.

Her brother only hummed, too lost in his own thoughts to try and reply in any way. Even when he tried to deny it, he feared for Morgana's safety, perhaps even more than his sister.

"I know you miss her as much as I do," Elle confronted him, keeping her voice low since they were meant only for him, "Even Arthur does. Despite what she had done, she was still close to all of us."

He sighed deeply, admitting silently how right she was. "If I didn't poison her, she would've been still here."

"Or maybe none of us would be here. You don't know what Morgause would've done if she succeeded in killing Uther." The witch, better than anyone, understood her sibling hadn't stopped blaming himself for his actions. But she didn't want to dwell on the past too much.

She tilted her head to get a better view of him. "She'll be back one day, I'm sure. Don't be so gloomy." Her attention was quickly drawn aside when her son called out for her. And it was just in time so she could see him hurrying on his own towards her.

He almost fell, tripping on the uneven ground, but Arthur caught him and swept him up from the ground with a laugh while the witch hastily approached, a wide smile on her lips. "Careful here."