23

Opening his tired eyes, Mark was surprised to find a lack of warmth next to him.

The 7 boys had stayed up very late last night, watching movies. One by one they had drifted off, with Mark and Donghyuck being the last two awake.

But as much as they wanted to stay up and enjoy the other's company, they too had fallen unconscious. The night had ended with Donghyuck lying across the couch with his head in the older's lap, using Mark's thighs as a muscular pillow.

Back to his current situation, the Canadian glanced around the room, determining that all the other boys were still asleep. 

Renjun was in the armchair, draped over the thing, looking extremely uncomfortable.

Chenle had somehow made his way to the floor, lying in a heap eerily similar to a corpse.

Jaemin had abandoned his boyfriend, and instead had his arms wrapped tightly around Jisung, who appeared to be attempting to escape from the Na even while asleep.

That left the lonely Jeno, who was hugging a random pillow for emotional support.

Mark surveyed the couch and the floor around him, but there was no Donghyuck in sight. 

Where on earth was his boyfriend?

Boyfriend. 

That still sounded so strange. 

Don't get him wrong, it was a good strange. A great strange in fact. He had just always hoped that this day would come and Donghyuck would be the one to hold the title, and now that it was happening, it was all so surreal.

Deciding to find the missing melanin skinned, Mark tiptoed across the carpet, trying to stay as silent as possible in order not to wake the others. 

He felt a little bad exploring the sugary boy's house, but he cared more about finding Donghyuck. Plus, Jaemin's parents weren't home, so there was almost no chance that anyone would find him snooping around.

He didn't have to look too far though, when he heard movement and saw shadows dancing across the floor.

Stepping closer to the origin point,  Mark was surprised to find a pair of glass doors that lead out to a small balcony.

Wow. Jaemin was rich.

What pleased him most about the sight though was seeing a specific tan boy, still in his pajamas, just standing outside.

Opening the delicate door, Mark was greeted with the chilly morning air. He shivered for a moment as he stepped out, but he was fine then, as he immediately found warmth from the younger boy.

Hearing the door click behind him, Donghyuck didn't even have to turn around to know who was there. His suspicions were confirmed when he felt arms around his waist, and a head being laid on his shoulder.

"Good morning!" The melanin skinned smiled, glancing over at his boyfriend whose eyes were still heavy from sleep.

"Good morning." Mark whispered, closing his eyes and hugging the younger tighter. "What are you doing out here so early?"

Hearing the disbelief in the other's words, Donghyuck laughed. "Whenever I stay over at Jaemin's I come out here and watch the sunrise. It's relaxing."

"It's exhausting." Mark corrected, falling back asleep. "It's too early in the morning."

"It's therapeutic." Donghyuck rebuttled, swiveling his head to look at the tired boy. "You should try it sometime, it's nice."

"I don't need this sunshine." The Canadian whispered, finally opening his eyes to watch the younger. "I have you."

The sentence made a smile form on the younger's face, but he played it off. "How cheesy."

Mark saw the quickly hidden smile and grinned back. "Oh don't lie, you loved it."

Donghyuck refused to respond, so he just stood there, enjoying the warmth from the rising sun and the arms around him.

It was silent for a few moments before Mark remembered something.

"You know," He started, pulling the younger from his thoughts. "I had a dream about you last night."

Amused by the older, Donghyuck smiled. "A dream, huh?"

"Yes, and it was wonderful." The Canadian nodded. A sly smile appeared on his lips as he looked up to the other boy. "You ever dream about me?"

He asked the question, but he already knew the answer to it.

"Maybe." Donghyuck whispered, still embarrassed from his outburst of a confession. He had never meant to tell the older about the night time fantasies in his head. "A few times."

"What were they about?" Mark questioned, nuzzling his head closer to the younger's. He didn't mean to embarrass the other boy, he just wanted more information.

"Me and you." Donghyuck smiled, remembering some of them. "We were in love."

Part of him was disappointed that the dreams no longer plagued him, but he knew it was for the better.

He didn't need some fantasy anymore. He had the real actual thing, wrapped around him, placing soft kisses on his neck.

Sounds nice." Mark smiled, pulling away a little. Thinking of their current situation, he felt all warm inside. "Sounds like real life."

Thinking of all the couple had been through, Donghyuck realized that the other boy was right.

No matter what emotions his dreams had caused him to feel, the real thing was even better.

Mark made him happier than any fantasy ever could.

He felt content, and finally understood what his future would be like.

Side by side with the Canadian, hand in hand.

As the sun finally peaked over the mountain, Donghyuck felt a sudden wave of affection. Leaning back into the older's embrace, he smiled closing his eyes. "I love you, loser."

Hearing the nickname caused a smile to appear on Mark's lips, and his stomach to get all warm and fuzzy. He held the younger closer, placing a kiss on the other's cheek. "I love you too, Hyuck."

the end