11

Taking his usual place at the empty lunch table, Mark pulled his phone out of his pocket and sat down with a sigh.

There were no notifications. All of his friends were living their own happy lives, too busy to remember poor old Mark, who was still slaving away in high school.

Jungwoo had been the closest person in the group to Mark's age, but he had graduated last year, leaving the Canadian all alone. Even so, Mark still saw the timid boy at the school sometimes, breaking his giant of a boyfriend out of this academic prison.

Seeing nothing interesting on his device, he slipped it back in his pocket. Eyeing the mediocre lunch in front of him, Mark was about to eat it, when a strange feeling took over him.

Suddenly aware of the figure standing very close to him, the Canadian slowly turned to see who was invading his personal space.

The person seemed nervous, like they were regretting walking over here in the first place. They really just wanted to slink back to their own table and hope that Mark never noticed them.

But he did.

"What's up, Hyuck?" The older smiled, surprised to see the other boy visiting him during lunch.

"Nothing, loser." Donghyuck scoffed, crossing his arms. It was the perfect time to walk away, but he still stood frozen at the table.

Confused with the silence and why the tan male was still standing there, Mark laughed. "Do you need something?"

Now he was really regretting coming over here. Why did he convince himself to do this? "Actually yes."

The younger boy was taking some time to put his thoughts together, so Mark just watched, amused.

Slapping on the most indifferent look he could muster, Donghyuck shrugged. "I was just wondering if you would want to eat lunch with me, at my table."

He said the words so quickly and quietly that Mark wasn't sure he heard him right. Was Lee Donghyuck really inviting him to eat lunch?

"Wait, really?" Mark laughed, unbelieving of the words he just heard. "Are you serious?"

"If you keep asking, I'm taking back my offer." The younger said, trying to conceal his smile from the other boy's reaction.

"Alright, I'm sorry!" The Canadian smiled, grabbing his lunch tray to follow after the tan male, who was secretly overjoyed.

As they were nearing the specific table, a pair of eyes couldn't help but notice the couple, quite shocked at what he was seeing.

"Jeno?" The sugary boy smiled, tapping the distracted male next to him. "Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that Mark?"

Turning to see what his boyfriend was going on about, the muscled man was pleasantly surprised to see that Jaemin was right, and the Canadian was indeed following close behind their tan friend.

Hearing the two talk, everyone at the table's attention was now on the approaching couple.

Not quite sure what to say, Donghyuck waved his hand to the older boy next to him. "I invited Mark to sit with us today."