Chapter 77: I Am Not A Merman (XIV)

Start from the beginning

The lifeguards around them were stupefied and unable to react.

In fact, they didn't need to react, because the human-faced squid had already moved ahead of them and reached out a long tentacle that acted as a whip that sent all the lifeguards flying. His sheer strength overpowered their ability to move in moments, and only a small number of people who were still holding on were able to send a signal up for help.

Waves was also scared by the human-faced squid, but once he saw how the humans were flung away, he loyally charged forwards to take revenge for them. But much to his surprise, another tentacle shot out and hit him.

Waves cried in pain and retreated, finally feeling the fear. He saw how Qin Yuan was still wrapped with tentacles, his struggles were becoming more and more weak. He rushed to the water's surface and issued a sharp cry for help.

Qin Yuan once again used his dagger to escape the entanglement of tentacles, but under water, his movements were greatly restricted and he was unable to evade the writhing limbs.

His body began to shut down from the lack of oxygen and his vision grew darker and darker. Just as he was about to lose consciousness, a familiar figure quickly swam toward him.

Waves cry for help was immediately received by Shang Ke. In spite of his condition, he had tossed on some random pajamas and, staggering in his steps, rushed out of the room. To the surprise of the staff members outside, he leaped into the water outlet and quickly swam for the waters outside like a fish.

In the wake of his actions, the bandages on his body blotched red with blood, but he did not have time to worry about that. His figure was fast as lightning and left a white strip of waves in his wake.

In the blink of an eye, he had arrived in the spot where Waves was hiding. He instantly spied Qin Yuan tangled in the tentacles a human-faced squid, the dagger in his hand slipping from his slackening grasp.

Qin Yuan!

Shang Ke quickly swam over, caught the dagger, and sliced down hard on the human-face squid's tentacle. Using the opening he had while the other was suffering from the sudden and sharp pain, he grabbed ahold of Qin Yuan and swam upwards, gripping him by the waist and providing him with air.

Qin Yuan slowly opened his eyes. His expression mildly dazed but tender and gentle landing upon the man in his embrace. But when he caught sight of the blood seeping from his waist, alarm and anger immediately shot through him.

The two in the water silently observed one another, exchanging their concern and worry with quiet understanding. Just when the two were about to break through the surface, Qin Yuan suddenly felt his arms lose their hold, and in the next moment, he saw Flames being dragged back down by a tentacle. The sudden pressure and drag of the tentacle caused the wounds on Flames body that were almost healed to rupture. Large amounts of blood blossomed through the water.

Qin Yuan's eyes blazed red with fury and he chased after Shang Ke. Vaguely, Shang Ke noted that he looked suicidal, a madman in his panic.

Waves acted at the same time.

However, they hadn't even gotten close when they were sent flying by the other tentacles.

Qin Yuan felt as if the blood in his body was boiling, like it was about to explode. Waves also issued an angry whistle and charged at the human-faced squid again and again.

Shang Ke, who was tightly bound by the tentacle, groaned in pain. As he stared at the increasingly clear and horrendously disfigured human face, he brokenly spat out a name: "Dip-son!"

Dipson's face stretched into a strange smile, as if he was admiring their sorry figures as they struggled for survival.

"Don't get happy just yet. A knockoff will never be comparable to the real deal." A cold lightly flit through Shang Ke's eyes, and at the same time, his body started to emit a white fog.