Chapter 77: I Am Not A Merman (XIV)

Start from the beginning

He had discovered that he was unable to transform again, forced to wear the skin of a squid. He could not accept this reality, that his dreams and ambition had all turned into wisps of water. That he would never have the chance to fulfill them.

Dipson howled his intolerance, entirely unwilling to accept his new circumstances.

A moment later, Dipson stopped. A crazed hate flashed through his eyes: Qin Yuan, this is all your fault! Just you wait, I will never let you off for this!

The recuperating Shang Ke looked toward the window. He swore he heard something. An uneasy feeling took root in his heart...

When Qin Yuan obtained the test results from the professionals, he was certain that the animal Dipson chose to assimilate was the Giant Squid. He passed down an order to security to be on the lookout for anything that looked like a squid. If they find one, they must catch it immediately. At the same time, he dispatched people to expel all squid from the waters around the marine building.

That one action gave rise to Waves strong discontent. His favorite food was squid, so watching the humans using fishing nets to scoop up squid one after another, he firmly bit down on a net. There was no way he was letting them snatch away his food.

The only one capable of controlling Waves was Flames, who wasn't around, so the marine building staff were left helpless.

They did not see that a certain squid was hiding in the coral. Its body had been shrunk until it was about the size of a bowl, and its skin color shifted to match the surrounding coral.

"Waves." Qin Yuan stood at the shore, yelling to the troublemaking Waves. "Let go of the net. These squids will all be yours in the future, don't worry."

Waves whined and groaned, refusing to let go.

Qin Yuan spoke again, "If you don't let it go now, I won't take you to see Flames ever again."

Hearing the name 'Flames', Waves finally, unwillingly, let go. Then, he glared at Qin Yuan: You have to keep your words, otherwise, I will tell on you to Flames.

Qin Yuan looked at his smiling face and could not feel any power behind his glare.

While Qin Yuan was watching the activity of the staff, a tentacle quietly extended under water, climbing onto the floor and slowly stretching toward Qin Yuan.

Qin Yuan felt something tighten on his ankle, then his entire body was dragged into the water. A loud splash resounded around the pool.

Waves was the first one to hear the event and he immediately flipped and dove under water. He saw Qin Yuan being dragged into the depths by a tentacle and quickly followed. The other lifeguards that noticed the situation also followed closely behind.

Qin Yuan held his breath and took out a dagger from his waist. With a twist, he viciously sliced toward the tentacle and cut it into two. Blood immediately spouted from the cut and dyed the water a foggy red. However, before he had the chance to swim up toward the surface, two more tentacles extended from somewhere hidden. One encircled his waist and the other gripped his hand, stopping him from throwing them off.

The remaining oxygen in his lungs bubbled from his lips and his vision began to blur

At that moment, Waves charged in and bit into a tentacle that held Qin Yuan.

His eyes brightened. This flavor... this seems to be squid! So he put even more energy into biting it, quickly chomping through the limb holding Qin yuan's waist.

A lifeguard who followed swiftly behind arrived and quickly took in the situation Qin Yuan was in. He swam over to help, but when he came close, a powerful shockwave slammed him away. Soon after, an enormous squid appeared from the depths of the water. His body was at least a dozen meters long, and on his cylindric head was an extremely twisted human face. The pupils of his eyes glowed with a lush green light in the water.