Chapter 75: I Am Not A Merman (XII)

Start from the beginning

"Stop!" The research leader bellowed.

Shang Ke did not pay him any mind and continued slamming himself against the tank with all his might.

"Damn it! Inject him with anesthetic!" The research leader ordered and one researcher immediately clicked away on the control panel.

A drill-shaped metal instrument was raised from the top of the water tank, followed by a laser beam aimed at Shang Ke.

Shang Ke moved nimbly and quickly scuttled to the top, dodging the laser. At the same time, he produced a sharp whistle. The whistle he produced was not something humans could hear, but it could affect the operations of electronic equipment. The metal instrument started to creak mournfully and they immediately went on a glorious strike.

The people outside the tank were utterly stunned. They had not expected that the whistling of dolphins could carry such destructive abilities.

The research leader's face was dark and he shouted, "Pour the anesthetic straight into the water! Let's see how long he can persevere!"

He was going to throw his everything onto this dolphin. If he couldn't break him now, there was no way he would cooperate in future experiments.

One of the researchers hesitated, "Leader, shouldn't we use a gentler method? Dolphins are rather emotional animals. If you torment it too much, it might commit suicide."

"Don't treat him like a normal dolphin." The research leader coldly replied, "Do as I say. Starve him for a few days, then we can continue with the next step of our plan."

The researcher was helpless and could only follow his instructions.

Shang Ke sunk to the bottom of the tank. Although he had already planned to become an object of experimentation, and also planned to heroically sacrifice his life for humanity, it was not in this kind of sullen and defeated way.

Under the influence of anesthesia, Shang Ke once again lost consciousness...

Qin Yuan hurried rushed back to the country and looked over the cameras. He could not believe that the little mermen and Flames had been smuggled out despite the layers of security. He didn't even need to think to know who did it. The only one who could. The research leader was the only one with the internal authority, no one else.

"Dipson, you better pray that Flames is fine!" The desire to murder him was truly lit within him at that moment. Just imagining what kind of torture Flames might be suffering through made him unable to control the rage within his heart.

Qin Yuan had the news that Flames was taken away by the people of the research institute made public. On one hand, it allowed them to criticize their inhumane methods and exploit the public opinion to pressure them. On the other hand, it helped them increase manpower to find the tracks of the research leader. Qin Yuan had dug into his background before. To dare to snatch Hai Yan from his hands, the only power capable of that was under the banner of some base of the research institute. It would be the place Flames was being kept.

The news that Flames was missing immediately aroused the rage of the masses. They were actually using Flames as the subject of an experiment? He had saved so many people in that disaster, he was so much like a child and he innocently trusted and was close to humans. But his end was to become an experimental subject, despite all of that?

They had originally believed that after they had saved him from the group of fishermen, he would never receive such treatment again and could happily live at the marine building. They did not realize that he hadn't yet escaped from the evil schemes of humanity! And this time, it was under the banner of doing it for scientific research, boldly imprisoning Flames.