Chapter 67: I Am Not A Merman (IV)

Start from the beginning

【AHHHHHHHHHH, I really want to play with them!】

【Damn you, release that dolphin, let me at it!】

......

In a single night, the two dolphins trended throughout the entire world.

An extinct animal from two hundred years ago has reappeared, bringing popularity only bolstered by their intelligence and adorableness, making everyone crazy over them. Its act of heroism and fearlessness moved everyone. Innumerable masses applied to work at Star Record, wanting to see these two dolphins with their own eyes. Large sums of money were donated to them with the wish for them to obtain the best care. However, they did not know that their beloved Flames was currently in imminent peril.

Waves was hidden by Shang Ke in the water channels, so he was not injured. But ever since they returned, he was unwilling to eat and dithered around in the water alone, letting out a mournful cry from time to time, miserable and lonely.

Everyone at the base understood clearly that if they could not find Flames, their small Waves would not live for much longer.

According to reason, after the disaster, Flames should return to the base. But it has been two days and they still haven't seen a trace of him. It was clear that something unexpected had happened.

Just as Qin Yuan's patience was about to reach its limit, a piece of information reached him: Someone at Linhai Village had found an organism that was 'suspected' to be a dolphin.

Qin Yuan did not think much about the meaning behind 'suspected' and immediately called together his people and left for Linhai Village.

This day they arrived just so happened to be the day the villagers were offering sacrifices to the Sea Emperor. The village was bustling noisily unlike usual, with each person bringing their own fresh fish to the coast to be prepared and cut open.

The one that drew most of the people's attention was the large fish the village chief's son had brought back; 2 meters long and 140kg.

This 'fish' was Shang Ke, he was currently laying a bucket below the offering table, dying.

With an announcement of "Begin the Ceremony", Shang Ke was raised out of the bucket and placed on the table. His head and tail were held down by other villagers.

Dolphins do not have scales, so the fish cleaner directly aimed his knife at his belly and made a slit.

Shang Ke could only feel the acute pain, his body twitching powerlessly as he could feel his life draining slowly onto the altar...

"Stop!" A holler came from nearby, stopping the fish cleaner from digging out Shang Ke's internal organs.

Qin Yuan simply could not believe his eyes. Cute and kind Flames was currently being treated like a dead fish and being gutted on a wooden table. Injuries littered its body, there was a hold on its tail where a sharp weapon had speared, its belly slit open so they could almost see the flesh inside.

Killing intent rose in Qin Yuan's heart, Dr. Cui and the others were also unable to restrain their towering rage at the sight.

"F*ck off!" Qin Yuan quickly ran over, his fist raised and heading toward the one who cut Flames open. His bodyguards followed to protect him.

"Who are you people? Why are you hitting me?" the fish cleaner wailed.

"Motherf*ckers, you dare to destroy our sacrificial ceremony to the Sea Emperor? Go everyone!" the chieftain shouted.

The villagers grouped up with their families and started to fight with Qin Yuan's bodyguards, the scene immediately falling into confusion.

Qin Yuan did not care about the fights surrounding him, his attention solely focused on Flames' safety.