Chapter 27

After Thanos disappears, you look around to see it is getting dark. You know what you have to do, you look at T'Challa.

"Get everyone inside." You say with such calmness, even you didn't recognize your own voice.

You walk to the top of the hill. Taking a deep breath in, you close your eyes. The warmth of the fire within crawls under your skin, wanting to escape. You want to escape. The flames roll off your fingertips as it suffocates all that is before it.

"It was like the fire had a mind of its own. I don't remember how long I let it burn, I just remember their screams." 

You breathe in to control the fire burning within, you can still feel the heat in your fingertips. You fall to the ground on your knees. You stay there for what felt like hours before finally standing up and head back down to where everyone awaits your return.

You walk inside to find Loki, who is simply smiling at you.

"Hey, why are you looking at me like that?" You say in a soft tone.

Loki smiles. "I love you so much."

You smile and hug him, enjoying the warmth of his touch and the sound of his heartbeat. You both walk outside and Bucky walks up to you.

"Well somebody definitely is a badass." Bucky says with a smile that warms your heart. That's the Bucky you know.

You and Loki laugh as all of you board on the jet after thanking and saying goodbye. You smile at T'Challa before the door closes, letting the breath you had been holding inside finally go. As you take off, the same energy confines itself inside youour.

"No!" You scream as you look at Loki.

But before you know it. Thor, Loki and you are teleported to a different ship.

*Thanos' ship*

"Tell me Y/N, where's the Tesseract?" Thanos says, the look upon his face says it all, he's out for blood.

"I don't have it!" You say in frustration as you stand exhausted from using the last bit of your power to destroy Thanos' army. But for some reason, you feel more tired than you usually do.

"What do you want with it?" Loki speaks up beside you.

You look at Loki, then Thor who attempts another shot at killing Thanos but fails. You watch helpless as Thanos kicks Thor across the ship like nothing.

"I'm going to ask you one more time Y/N. Where is the Tesseract that holds the Space Stone?" You could feel the coldness in Thanos' words.

"I don't know." You say once more.

"Really?" Thanos says as he grabs Thor, holding him by his head. Thanos presses one of the stones to Thor's temple causing him excruciating pain. You could feel tears well up in your eyes.

"Stop! Stop!" You scream as Thanos causes Thor more pain. A tear escapes down your cheek as your eyes meet Thor's.

"Who has it?" 

"I do." Loki says, you turn around to look at him. He holds his hand out and unveils the Tesseract in his hand.

"Just let her go. I beg of you." Loki says as he walks towards Thanos.

You stare at Loki. He's had it this whole time, you continue to look at Loki confused.

"You have what you want. We offer you our undying service." Loki says, he avoids looking at you. Then you realize what he is doing.

Loki lunges his dagger at Thanos, aiming for the throat, but Thanos was quick to notice as he uses a stone to stop Loki. You stand there frozen.