CHAPTER 18

"What are you thinking about?" Loki says, he has been running his fingers through your hair for the past 5 minutes.

"Loki. How can you love me when you don't know me." You bite your lip.

"Well, I don't really know. I've never felt this way about someone." Loki say as he holds you closer to his chest.

"But how do you love someone who doesn't know what love is?" You begin fidgeting with the blanket.

Loki looks at you, surprised by what you are saying, he brings his face closer to you.

"I would think it feels like this?" Loki looks at your lips before bringing his eyes to yours. He raises his eyebrows in protest of what he said. You feel overwhelmed, so you get up to go to the kitchen, grabbing your clothes along the way.

"Where are you going?" Loki asks as he sits up in the bed, confused by what just happened. You begin putting your clothes on, and turn to see Loki walk in the kitchen wearing just his briefs.

"Y/N. What are you doing?" Loki says as he  walks towards you.

"That's the thing. I don't know what the hell I'm doing." You throw your hands up in the air. You go to the restroom and come back to see Loki dressed.

"Loki, what is this? Why do I have control when you're around me? Who is Thanos? Why is everyone trying to help me for? What is so special about me?"

"That's a lot of questions." Loki smirks.

"Questions to which you don't want to answer." You respond coldly. Loki just looks at you. "What aren't you telling me? You haven't even brought up going back to the tower."

Loki shakes his head.

"Why don't you want to go back to the Tower!?" You step towards him. "Don't walk away from me please." You plead as Loki turns to walk away.

Loki stands still with his back to you. "You really want the truth?"

"That's all I am asking for!" You can feel tears forming in your eyes.

"I don't want to use the scepter. I don't want to lose you." Loki turns around. "I can't lose you."

"Why?" You ask quietly, almost a whisper.

"I'm a monster Y/N. You don't know what I was capable of when I had the scepter. But I don't want to be that person anymore." Loki says, you can hear the sadness in his words.

"What makes you think you'll be that person again?"

"I don't know. We should go into the town, find out where we are at." Loki attempts to change the subject.

"Loki." You try to protest.

"I'm sure you're hungry." I guess he wins.

"I'm not going to lie, I haven't eaten in three days." You say, within seconds your stomach growls.

"Then it's a date." Loki smiles and you shake your head smiling at the thought.

You and Loki go into town and find a bar. You sit across from each other. A waiter takes both your orders. You look over at the bar wanting something strong, so you walk to the counter leaving Loki sitting with his eyes on you.

"Hey sweet thing." A hoarse voice interrupts your thoughts as you wait for the bartender to hand you your drink.

"No." You say as plainly.

You walk back to the table where Loki is sitting drinking his drink.

"What an asshole." You say as you sit down with your drink.

"What happened?" 

"That guy called me a slut cause I declined his offer and wouldn't accept a drink from him." You say as you clean the water on your side of table, motioning with your head towards the guy sitting at the bar.

"Really?" Loki's voice sounded deeper than usual. You look at Loki and see the same angry expression he had when you were with Bucky outside. Loki chugs the rest of  his drink, without looking at you he stands up.

"Loki. Don't." Next thing you know, Loki walks over to the same guy.

"Shit! Loki!" You yell after him as you scramble to get up from the booth.

"Hey!" Loki grabs the guy by his hair and yanks him up.

"Loki!"

"I'll teach you a lesson." Loki drags the man outside, causing a scene. He throws the man on the hood of a car and proceeds to punching and kicking him.

"Get the hell out of here you quim!" Loki yells in complete rage.

"Loki, we need to go." You grab his hand and pull him with you.

"Are you okay?" You ask as you get a good distance from the bar.

"I'm fine." Loki says brushing the dirt off his pants and jacket.

"Thank you." You reach for his hand, you head back to the house you were at.

"Loki. How did I get us here?" the question has been lingering on your mind, but you pushed it back wanting to enjoy the quietness with Loki.

"I don't know, it's probably a question only Bruce can answer."

"What happened back there? You had a murder look..."

"You mean the old me?" Loki looks at you, but his eyes fade to the ground.

"The old you? Loki." You walk over to him.

"I'd do anything for you. I'd burn the world down if it meant keeping you safe. I don't mind being the villain if it means you'll be okay." Loki sighs hard. "I'm not afraid to hurt someone for you. You don't deserve someone like me. You deserve better."

"Don't do that Loki. Don't try to push me away." You walk towards him, but Loki turns away.

"Maybe Stark was right. Maybe Rogers is what's best for you."

"Nobody decides what's best for me except for me. Damn it Loki! Have I not made it clear enough that I want you!" You yell as Loki walks outside.

"Y/N?" You turn around to a man standing in an orange sparkling circle.

"Do I know you?"

"I'll take that as a yes you are Y/N. No, we actually haven't had our introductions. I'm Dr. Stephen Strange."

"Dr. Strange? As in the Doctor who was suppose to help me mentally?" You question, walking towards him.

"Yes. I have been looking for you. Time to come back now." He motions to the room behind him.

"Strange." Loki walks back in, you turn around to see him stare at Strange with such distaste.

"Loki. New look?" Strange says, raising his eyebrows at him.

"It was my idea. I like it." You chirp in, trying to ease the tension building in the room.