CHAPTER 9

You and Loki are standing inches apart. Loki actually smiles, but then you hear somebody walk in and turn around to see who it is.

"Bucky?" You say looking at him in annoyance.

"Hey.. Y/N can I talk to you? Alone please.." He says, averting his eyes in Loki's direction.

You don't know if you want to hear anything he has to say. You feel resentment towards him, but you know you need to forgive him, but forgiveness doesn't happened overnight.

"I'm a little busy right now." You say as you turn back around to see Loki upset, the smile he had is now gone.

"I was leaving to find my brother anyways. Goodbye Y/N." He says as he turns to leave without another word.

"Can we go outside?" He looks at you with worry.

You take a second before you agree. You walk pass him and continue towards the balcony. He follows behind you and stands next to you. As you stand next to him, you begin feeling strange being this close to him.

"Can I ask you something?" Bucky says after a few minutes of silence.

"What?" You say without looking at him.

Bucky takes a deep breath before talking. "Do you hate me?"

You sigh as you look down.

"I don't know. I got these feelings but you never mind them. It seems like you didn't give me a second thought when you got out. I mean what the hell was that last week anyways!"

"The book." Bucky spat out without hesitation.

You can feel your body go numb as he said those words. You turn and walk away without saying anything.

You head back to your room and lay on the bed thinking about what Bucky just told you. You can feel your heart racing. If what Bucky says is true that means someone here works for Hydra and are trying to get us both back. You sit up and sigh. As you stand up, someone knocks on your door.

You walk to the door and answer it, you are surprised by who it is.

"Hey Y/N. Can we talk?" Steve says with a gentle smile.

You stare at him for a few seconds but then nod. You push the door open to let him in, you need to apologize for earlier. He walks in and sits on the chair by your bed.

"I owe you an apology." He says as you walk toward your bed. You sit down looking at him confused.

"I think I'm the one who's suppose to be apologizing." You correct him.

"No, I shouldn't have said what I said to you. Your life is your business." Steve says, looking you in the eyes.

"Yes it is, that doesn't tell me why it angers you every time I'm around Loki."

Steve looks down. "I see how you two are together...I wish it would be with me." he smirks looking back up at you. You feel taken aback by what he said.

"Steve...you don't even know me. Loki...he..." You trail off, clearing your throat.

"I'm just asking for a chance." Steve smiles, leaning back in the chair.

You stand up. "Steve. I think you should leave now please."

"Just think about it okay?" Steve stands up, inches from you.

You step back and don't say anything as he leaves. You close the door and stand there in silence. Finally you decide to go see Loki. When you get to his room, his door is open so you walk in. He's sitting by the window. You walk in and close the door. He looks at you.

"What do you want Y/N? I'm sure Rogers or the other one needs your attention." Loki says with a hint sarcasm. You can't help but smile.

"Do I hear jealousy from the God of Mischief?" You fire back.

Loki smirks. "I wouldn't say no."

"Loki. Can I tell you something?" You walk over to sit on his bed.

"When I first saw you, I felt something for you. But when you spoke...it did something to me.. I don't know how to explain it." You look at your hands, feeling the blood rush to your cheeks in embarrassment.

"Really? Do tell me more, I think I like where this is going." You can hear the excitement in his voice.

You look up to see him smiling big causing you to smile as well.

"Loki. When I'm around you, I don't feel like I'm going to lose control. Even when I do, you pull me back...Loki, you're important to me. I need you."

"I think I understand Y/N."

"Loki. I can't say I love you, because I don't know what love really feels like...but there is a part of me that wants to find out with you."

Loki walks over to you and kneels in front of you.

"I'd be honored."