CHAPTER 21

"Loki, everyone is staring." You say as Loki slows down, your eyes wonder the room before landing on Loki.

"Let them. You're all I care about." Loki says without taking his eyes off you. You smile as you look down.

"This feels like a dream." You blink multiple times as you feel your eyes swell up.

"I assure you love, it's not." He whispers as he leans in.

 He brings your hand to the same level as your shoulder, caressing it in his hand. You get chills down your spine as Loki places his hand on your back gently pulling you closer.

"You are so beautiful. I truly am lucky." 

You look at Loki and it's as if the rest of the world fades away and no longer exist.

"Y/N." Loki sighs, he brings himself inches apart from you now. "I love you."

You smile looking into his eyes. "Loki...I..." You trail off as he presses his lips against yours.

You feel like you're floating as his soft lips kiss you with such love. At the moment nothing in this world matters except him. As the kiss deepens, your heart quickens. Only one thought comes to mind.

"Maybe I do know what love is..."  

~Meanwhile~
~Everyone else at the party~

Tony and Thor are standing near the bar, they look at you and Loki  dancing.

"I guess you were right about your brother." Tony turns to look at Thor as he takes a sip of his drink.

"My brother is many things, but he will fight for what he wants." Thor says, nodding in the direction of where you and Loki are dancing.

On the second level, Sam and Steve are walking, discussing you.

"Have you told her yet." Sam asks Steve.

"Yes. But as you can see she clearly wants Loki." Steve says and he nods in your direction, he shakes his head as he looks down.

"I didn't know you quit so easily." Sam says as he comes to a halt, looking over the balcony at you and Loki dancing.

"I never  said I would give up." Steve turns to Sam with a smirk.

Sam smiles back. "Then show her how you're a better man than him."

Natasha and Bruce are at the corner of the bar talking.

"So what's the deal with Loki and Y/N?" Natasha asks curiosity in her voice spiking.

"She's his anchor just as he is her shield. The scepter feeds off one's emotion. Just as Y/N's power feeds off her emotion." Bruce says straightforward.

"Hmm. You don't think Loki is trying to pull rug out from under us?" Bruce looks at Natasha, feeling uneasy about the questions of you and Loki.

"No." Bruce says bluntly.

You and Loki decide to leave the party and go to his room. He slowly leads you to the bed, caressing your face as he leans in for a kiss. Loki wraps his arms around your waist, bringing your body closer to his making you gasp. Loki lays you down on the bed, he starts kissing you passionately. Loki brings his eyes to look at you, he smiles and you pull him back to kiss his lips. Loki proceeds to take his shirt off, then resuming to kissing you. It was as if the world paused as the two of you made love the entire night.