Chapter 24

"Loki. You said you would stand by me on whatever I decide." You look at Loki, expecting an argument.

"Yes but I never agreed to not disagreeing with you on things. This isn't a good idea Y/N." Loki argues back.

"Why?"

"I don't trust them." Loki says, you can hear the uneasiness in his voice.

You sit down in the bed they have prepared for you. "You don't have to trust them. Just trust me." You lay down.

"Alight." Loki says as he walks out, the process begins.

Loki walks up to Selvig. "If something goes wrong. Then I will stop it."

After a few minutes of being connected, you feel an overwhelming flush of energy course through your entire body. This causes your body to erupt in flames, the rooms brightens blue.

"Y/N!" Loki yells as he pounds his fist against the glass standing between you and him. "Turn it off!"

"I did." Selvig replies.

All of a sudden you open your eyes, not realizing they were closed and pull the flames back to you. You sit up immediately, panting as you feel a coldness wrapping itself around you like a blanket.

~MEANWHILE IN NEW YORK CITY~

Tony looks at the Hulk-made opening through the ceiling and sees debris flying by outside. He exits the Sanctum through the front door and scans the chaotic surroundings. Then Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian exit the ship by transmat.

"Where is she?" Ebony Maw says as he steps down.

"Um I'm sorry, who?" Tony shouts back.

"You can't hide her forever." Ebony Maw gives smirks.

As Cull Obsidian approaches the team, Tony dons his nanotech Iron Man suit in the space of three steps. He grows a shield on one arm to protect himself, then grows a set of blasters that easily throw the Dwarf back to Maw, who gestures and deflects his massive companion into some cars. Tony flies through Ebony Maw's obstacle course but is cut short by Cull Obsidian's hammer, sending him through a building and into the park at high speed, plowing into the ground and fetching up against a tree. Ebony Maw creates a spike of earth attacking the rest of the team with uprooted trees and other debris. Wong summons the Shield of the Seraphim.

Cull Obsidian arrives at the park and throws his hammer at Bruce and Tony. Tony pushes Bruce out of the way.

"We need to get to Y/N now!" Tony yells at Bruce.

~Back at the compound~

You stand up, your first thought is to look for Loki, he gets to you first.

"Are you alright?" Loki says as he walks beside you.

"Yeah, um Loki can I talk to you? Alone." You say as you start to fumble with your fingers. Loki nods and you two walk down a hallway towards an elevator.

"What's wrong?" Loki says.

"Loki...I know why Thanos wants me." You start, still fumbling with your fingers.

"What do you mean?" Loki asks as you both load into the elevator.

"The Tesseract...it brought back all of my memories." You say as you look down. "Loki. Thanos has been controlling Hydra. Everything that I went through it was all a preparation."

You look at Loki, he has concern showing in his eyes. "Thanos wants to use my power to combine all the Infinity Stones."

"Are you sure about this?" Loki asks.

"Loki, I know everything now. my powers. The memories, they've all come back on everything. Every conversation about Thanos. This power I have..." You pause as you look at Loki. "Loki. I'm connected to all the Infinity Stones."

"What? No that's not possible." Loki looks at you in disbelief.

"But it is." You turn your whole body to look at Loki. "He controlled Hydra for this reason. My memory being erased to keep the real reason beneath my control. Thanos figured out a way to extract the energy from all the Stones. All those serums." You take a deep breath. "Loki, I'm the definition of Destruction."

"No. I will not let him take you. I won't let him use you." Loki reassures you.

"Loki. Regardless of what you do to try to protect me. He will kill anybody to get me. He wants total control. He thrives on Chaos." You say this as you stare forward, waiting for the doors to open.