CHAPTER 12

You open your eyes to see everybody is in the room. You sit up, swinging your legs over the side. You take a breath.

"How long have I been out?" You say, looking at everyone.

"Just a day. How you feeling?" Steve says, standing in the far corner.

"Well, considering the pounding in my head...I'd say peachy." You stand up and feel dizzy, you close your eyes and take a breath again.

"Y/N, are you sure you're fine? Any dizziness? Pain?" Bruce takes his glasses off.

"No, I'm fine." You walk over to where your jacket is hung over a chair, but you notice it's ruined. You turn around. "Did I do that?"

"Yeah. You saved the training room, but lost your jacket." Natasha jokes.

You look down, smiling. Then you remember Valkyrie

"Is Valkyrie alright?" You look over at Thor. "Where's Loki?"

"She got out just in time, no injuries." Tony says, as he walks past you.

"Why do you want to know where Loki is?" You can hear the annoyance in Steve's question.

"He is in his room, we need to go to Asgard. We were on our way before..." Thor says, but trails off as you walk over to where Bruce is standing.

"I blacked out back there. I couldn't control it. But I heard Loki call my name. I don't know how or why, but somehow hearing him brought me back in control." You whisper to Bruce, who looks at you astonished. He tells you he will look into it.

You leave the lab to go see Loki before he leaves, but he finds you first.

"Y/N!" You turn around to see Loki behind you.

"I was looking for you, you weren't in the lab." Loki says, catching up to you.

"I was actually on my way too see you." You smile, both of you head to an elevator.

"How are you feeling? Bruce said he thinks you should stay in bed."

"I'm okay I guess. I just...I keep having this reoccurring dream, vision? I don't know. But it happens every time I lose control." You attempt to describe in words.

"Really? Have you told Bruce about this?" Loki looks at you concerned.

"No." You say quietly.

"What do you see?"

"It looks like some kind of wall except it's glowing blue. When I touch it the fire crawls up my arm." You squint your eyes as you envision the dream.

"Would you mind if I saw it for myself?" Loki questions, causing you to look at him in confusion.

"Um...surehow?" You say slowly.

"Like this." He places the palm of his hand on your forehead. After a few seconds, Loki removes his hand. "I see what you mean."

"You saw it?"

"Yes. I understand now what Bruce wants me to do." Loki sighs.

"What do you mean?"

"Bruce thinks if I use the scepter that I can help you gain control." Loki looks down.

You look at Loki, you can see concern written all over.

"Loki? That's a good thing right? You can help me." You smile, but Loki simply stares forward.

"The last time I held the scepter, I did unspeakable things. I hurt people. What if I become the same person I once was."

"Loki, you're not going to become that person. I promise you. You said it yourself and so has Thor. You're a changed man. All those things Hydra spoke of about you. That was the old you." You say with encouragement.

Loki looks at you in awe.

"I have been waiting for someone to believe in me the way you do."

You smile as you both walk out of the elevator.

"I think we're gonna help each other." You smile at Loki.

You both walk in to a room where Tony, Steve and Thor are. Steve turns around and you make eye contact. You remember the conversation between the two of you. Steve looks away, but you could tell he was upset.

"So what's going on here?" You ask Tony.

"We are discussing these two Asgardians departure and where you will be at. Bruce wants to speak to you in the lab. So off you go." Tony waves his hand at you.

You look at Loki, he smiles as you turn to leave.

"Alright Thor let's get show on the road." You hear Tony say as you walk out.