CHAPTER 8

You bump into Loki with tears streaming down your face. You realize it's been a while since you've felt all these emotions. Caring is so hard.

"Hey Loki." You wipe your tears away. "Did you hear any of that?" You say as you clear your throat.

Loki looks down and bites his lip. "Not if you didn't want me to."

You smile and look down.

"Loki..." You pause, still looking down. "How long have you been standing here?"

Loki sighs. "A while. Do you love him?"

You look back up at Loki, and see he looks upset.

"I thought I did, but how do you love someone who was only there for you to escape their own troubles? It makes sense now, all the missions, all the training, the memory erasing. It wasn't real."

You stare into Loki's eyes, you realize the anger you felt is gone. He looks away, but then back at you. You notice the shade of blue they are. You want to fade into his arms.

"Y/N..." He pauses as he sighs. "I can't say I know anything about love, but you deserve more."

You smile, but then it disappears.

"I don't know, lately I feel like I should go back to Hydra. At least then I know I won't feel emotional pain. I won't remember the feelings. I've been alone since I was 17, what's the rest of my life worth?"

"So much more." Loki says.

1 WEEK LATER

A week has gone by, you've been training with Loki and have improved. Within the week, you've gotten closer to Loki. You feel like you can be yourself around him. Today, Steve walked into your room while you were talking to Loki. In front of Loki, Steve said to you to stop spending time with him. He said Loki is no good and will only end up being a disaster waiting to happen. You got so angry you kicked him through your door and walked out, Loki running after you.

"Hey! What was that back there?" Loki says catching up to you.

"What was what?" You asks carelessly.

"Don't do that, you know exactly what Y/N." Loki says as he grabs your wrist to get you to stop walking.

"I'm tired of everybody telling me that you're gonna mess up somehow. Why the hell do they keep bugging me about it!" You say in anger.

"I'm not exactly 'Avenger' material darling." Loki says amusingly, making you smile.

"Oh but I am?" You say raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. Let's go to the training room. You need to let off some steam." Loki says as he walks in the direction of it.

You two are the only ones in the training room.

"Your eyes turned red back there. You can't let yourself loose control, losing it will cause more damage than you think. No powers. Just combat fighting." He says as he points his dagger at you.

"Don't hold back love." Loki says with a daring smile.

"I don't plan on it." With that being said, you start fighting.

The fight is fast-paced and a deadly battle of knives.

"Tell me, why do you insist on defending me?" Loki asks as he grabs your wrists.

After a few exchanges, you connect a big shot that slams Loki into the wall. He scowls.

"Why did you stay? Why help me?" You ask as you get Loki pinned against the wall.

"Because I love you." He says looking you in the eyes.

"What?" You're thrown off guard.

"I love you." He says again as you back off but at same time he stands up and kisses you.

When your lips touched his, you felt the world melted away. You had chills exploding down your spine. What is it about him? You question yourself.

"Loki?" You say as you pull away. He has his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He says as looks down backing up.

"Loki. You said you loved me."

"I shouldn't have said that." Loki says as he turns to leave.

"I think I'm going to leave now. I need to find Thor." Loki starts walking away from you, you feel your heart break.

"Loki!" You yell as you feel your eyes fill with tears.

"Please don't go." You say as he stops and turns around to look at you.

"Y/N, why should I stay?"

"Because I'm asking you to. Why did you say you love me and then apologize?"

"Because it's pointless." Loki says, but you can hear the sadness in his voice.

"I'm leaving now."

"Why is it pointless!?" You ask angrily through tears.

"Because I'm a monster!" He yells and you can see the pain in his eyes grow.

You look down, wiping your tears away, biting your lip.

"You're not a monster Loki." You walk towards him to stand in front of him.

"You just need someone to love you. And I need you."