CHAPTER 7

You go with Thor to see Loki, you haven't slept since talking to Bucky two days ago. When you close your eyes, the fire escapes your grasp and the sheets catch fire. You can't control powers when your mind is at ease.

Loki is my only hope.

You both walk to see Loki just walking around in a glass cage.

"Ah, welcome to my humble home Y/N." Loki says as he turns around with a smirk on his face.

You get that chill down your spine again. Why does his voice have this effect on you?

"Why is he in a cage for?" You ask Thor.

"He can't be trusted amongst others." Thor says looking down.

"None of you know me and yet all of you see to trust me right off the bat. Let him out." You say angrily.

"She has a very good point brother."

"Let. Him. Out." You can feel yourself getting hot. You look down to see your hands on fire.

"Y/N, calm down." Thor says backing away slowly.

You take a deep breath but can't seem to gain control.

"You truly do need my help."

When Loki spoke to you, you were able to gain control again, why? You look at Loki.

"Help me please."

"Alright."

Thor lets Loki out. The three of you walk out to where the team is talking in the meeting room. You could feel Loki looking at you while walking in the hallway.

"Well, this isn't a surprise at all. Loki, free once again. He could backstab us again." Tony says as he walks past Loki and Thor.

"Tony, don't." Steve says sternly.

"Right. Cause he hasn't destroyed enough lives already. Let's let him do damage to the kid." Tony says, aiming his comment at Loki.

"Speak your words carefully Stark. My brother is a changed man. He is here under my supervision, I trust my brother knows what is at stake."

You feel so angry hearing the words Tony was saying. Your breathing has quickened, you could feel your heart beating faster. You looked at Loki, you could see that the words being said hurt him. But yet he kept quiet and let them speak. This handsome dark haired man, the pain he feels and yet they wonder why he did all the things he's done.

"What the hell is wrong with all of you?" You say as you walk out. You feel like you're about to lose control and make your way outside.

You stop holding back and release your anger, blue flames are gone. You let it all out. You don't know how much more you can handle.

For the most part, letting go feels amazing. You cry out as you feel pain in your head.

"You truly are magnificent." You turn around to see Loki standing there, smiling.

"What?" You look at him confused.

"I'm broken."

"Broken? Do you truly believe that?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yes. I can't control my powers anymore. I'm terrified."

"Can I ask you something? Why did you defend me for?" Loki asks as he takes a few steps closer to you.

"Nobody deserves to be talked about that way." You say looking down at your hands.

"Well thank you. Let me help you in return. Close your eyes and breathe, focus on my voice."

As you close your eyes, you feel your breathing slow down. His voice truly was like a lullaby.

"Let the energy flow. Don't resist. Don't focus on control. Invite it in." He says, his voice sounding closer and deeper.

You feel it in your veins, the warmth of the fire.

"Now open your eyes." He whispers in your hear. As if on que, you open your eyes to see a small, beautiful flame.

You smile. You look at Loki and see him smiling. Loki walks away saying he needs to find Thor. As you head back inside, you see Steve outside talking to Tony, you go up to them.

"Hey Y/N." Steve says as he sees you walk up.

"I want to see Bucky." You say abruptly.

You've been having these flashbacks between the two of you, but you don't know if you feel the same way anymore. You feel something for Loki, but you're confused with these memories of you and Bucky.

"Um, are you sure?" Tony asks concerned.

"Yes. I've been having these flashbacks and I need to understand them and he's the only one who can do that. I have no one to turn to."

"Okay kid." Tony says looking at Steve.

Steve takes you to see Bucky. You feel anger brewing in your heart. You remember the memories of him holding you after the pain you would feel after each serum injection. You walk in and Bucky looks at you and you see the pain in his eyes.

"What are you doing here Y/N?" Bucky asks, you can see uneasiness in his eyes.

"I need somebody to know. Somebody to heal. Somebody to have. Just to know how it feels."

"Don't Y/N." Bucky says shaking his head.

"Why didn't you come back? Why did you make me feel like you actually cared about me?" You ask walking towards him.

"It's easy to say but it's never the same. I guess I kind of liked the way you helped me escape."

"I was an escape?" You turn away with tears in your eyes and walk out of the room.

"Y/N!" Bucky yells after you.

You bump into Loki.

"Did you mean that?" Steve asks Bucky.