CHAPTER 13

You smile to yourself, thinking about Loki. As you're walking down the hallway to the lab, you are joined by Valkyrie.

"Hey." Valkyrie says plainly.

"Hey."

"Uh, sorry about yesterday. I guess I stepped out of line." Valkyrie says carefully.

"Okay. It's fine." You smile awkwardly at her.

"Really?" Valkyrie stops walking.

"Yeah. Not like you knew I would explode like that." You say, still walking.

"Hey. I'm trying to apologize okay. I need friends okay." Valkyrie grabs your arm.

"Aggressive much?" You laugh.

"We good?" She lets go.

"Yeah." You say as you walk into the lab.

"Hey. Thanks for coming. I wanted to test something. How are you feeling?" Bruce says, looking up from his work.

"I practically live in this lab." You joke, making Bruce laugh.

"I feel good actually. What kind of tests?"

"Well...Bucky told me about the book. You two have a lot of history together and I figured the two of you could work together and maybe jo each other memory." Bruce says crossing his arms over his chest.

"Wait what?"

"Hey Y/N." A voice sounds from behind you.

You turn around to see Bucky standing at the door. You walk towards Bucky.

"You told him?" You look him in the eye, but Bucky doesn't say anything except look away. You look back at Bruce.

"Y/N why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me? I've done nothing but help you." You could sense the hurt in his voice.

"I didn't know 'til yesterday. I wasn't exactly lucid enough to bring it up." You say walking back towards Bruce.

You look back at Bucky. "Trust isn't exactly easy to come by."

"Can we go outside please?" Bucky urges.

You groan I annoyance, but agree. You walk past Bucky and walk to the balcony, waiting for Bucky.

"What is it you want to talk about." You say without looking at him.

"Have the memories of the red book come back?" He asks quietly.

"Yes. I haven't been able to sleep. You?"

"Yeah. Bruce wants me to let Loki see my memory." Bucky gives you a crooked smile as you look at him.

"Well maybe you should. I did." You look down as you raise your hand and embrace a flame. You smile at the control you have.

"You trust him that much?" Bucky asks, looking at the flame.

"I trust him with my life." You look Bucky in the eyes as you extinguish the flame.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." You turn around to see Loki in a black suit, with a mad expression.

"Loki, you're still here? I thought you guys would have left already." You look at Loki, who looks like he's about to kill someone.

"I was just heading back inside to meet with Steve. Bye Y/N." Bucky says as he walks away.

You walk up to Loki. "Why do you look like you're about to go on a killing spree?"

"I just might." Loki glares at Bucky walking.

"What? Loki are you jealous?"

"What would I need to be jealous of? He's merely just a Midgardian." Loki says offensively.

"Loki." You press your lips together, attempting to hide the smile.

"I don't understand why you waste your time talking to him." Loki shakes his head.

"Bruce thinks we can jog each others memory."

Loki looks away in anger.

"Brother. Lets go." Thor says in frustration.

"Do you mind if we talk about this later?" Loki says quickly.

"Okay. Wait you're going to Asgard dressed like that?" You point at Loki's suit.

"No." Thor smirks as he slams down his hammer, transforming into his Asgardian armor. Loki changes into his armor as well.

"Ah okay." You bite your lip, looking at Loki.

"We shouldn't be gone long." Loki says smiling.

"Stark said Wanda and Strange are coming to help train you." Thor gives you the heads up. You nod your head as they back up and the Bifrost takes them.