CHAPTER 20

You don't say anything, you simply stare at the ground.

"What's on your mind darling?" Loki brings his head down to your eye level.

"I don't know."

"I find that hard to believe." Loki chuckles softly.

"I just want to be free you know? I just want me and you to be free." Before you can continue talking, you are interrupted.

"Hey you two! I'm sorry for what I said earlier. Now go change for the party." You turn around to see Tony standing in his armor.

"What? A party why?" You question in disbelief.

"It's a welcome back party for you. We figured you would like it." Thor says as he walks from behind Tony.

"Um..." You look at Loki again. "A party?"

"Nat has a dress ready for you." Tony says quickly.

"We should go. Hopefully this date goes better." Loki smiles at you.

You laugh and turn to look at Tony. "Why are you in your armor?"

Tony clears his throat. "I need to pick some things up." 

"I'm going to go change. I'll see you there." Loki says as he nudges the edge of your chin with his finger.

~2 hours Later~

You stand in the elevator, your nerves working in overdrive as you wait for the elevator to open. You straighten out the small wrinkle in your dress, the silkiness feels unknown to your fingertips. The elevator dings, you have arrived at the party. You walk out to see lights everywhere, music in the background. As you walk further into the party, you push a strand of hair behind your ear.

"She looks beautiful Loki, you're very lucky." Thor stands by Loki.

"Thank you brother." Loki looks at Thor, he attempts to hide his happiness, but Thor can tell.

You search for Loki in the crowd, your eyes meet with his. You smile as he finishes his drink. Loki walks over to you, and extends his hand out to you.

"May I have this dance?" He's so perfect. 

You hesitate. You never got the chance to learn to dance. "I don't know how." You whisper.

"It's alright." Loki whispers back with a gentle smile.

You raise your hand to his, but once again you hesitate. You bring your eyes to his and place your hand in his, he rubs his thumb over your knuckles. You look down at your hands intertwined, his gentle touch sends a wave of calmness.

"Don't let me fall." You look up at him once again.

"Never." Loki pulls you close to him, his movements were fluid as we swayed to the music. You lost focus of everyone around you, Loki clearly expelled everyone from his grasp as his eyes were fixated on you alone. You waltz around the floor, it felt as if you were floating in the ocean.

Loki stops dancing. You look up to notice he changed his appearance.

"Are you alright love?"

"I've never done this." You say as your nervous get the best of you.

"I've always closed my eyes. It makes everything easier." Loki says softly with reassurance.

"I don't want to close my eyes. I want to keep them open." You take a step closer to him. "I've had my eyes closed for too long." You smile at him, Loki squeezes your hand gently.

"Just don't let me fall." You sigh softly.

"I could never." With those words, you take a deep breath as you look at Loki, you fade away in his eyes as you start dancing again. Each step seemed to move to the tempo of the song. Nobody existed in the room except you and him. The palm of his hand rested firm against your back, it was like sparks splurging throughout your body.