Turned out that doctor wasn't just appealing to Areum, the patients and hospital employees were crazy for him too. Men and women.

"Jungkook-ah," Namjoon spoke through the other line to get his attention back. "I'll call her. Go home and get some rest, I'm surprised people haven't recognized you there all day."

People in the hospital had more important things to think about, besides, he was covered from head to toe like most people were. His face mask and baseball cap doesn't seem to acquire too much attention.

"I'm fine. No need to call her, I'm here anyways. I'll just see her one last time and I'll go home." Jungkook said.

What was he going to do alone in his house? Think and worry about Areum and not sleep because of it? He'd rather be a few steps away from her, so when he misses her, he could just steal a glance through the wide entrance in the ER.

"Arasso." Namjoon agreed even though he knew Jungkook didn't actually mean what he said. "Don't overwork yourself. She'll come around, you know her."

"I don't," Jungkook immediately replied. His gaze fell onto his feet. "She's changed."

He heard a heavy sigh and then there was a few seconds of silence in Namjoon's end.

"Of course she did. It's been five years." Namjoon told him. "It doesn't mean she's a different person. The Song Areum we know is still somewhere inside her—you should know that better than anyone, even her."

That was what he kept telling himself too—he knew her better than she does. . . but that was before. That was five years ago. Back when everything between them wasn't perfect but at least they had each other, back when he hadn't messed things up and hurt her, took her for granted like she didn't mean anything when she did. She meant everything to him.

"Arraso. I'll go see her now,"

"Go home and rest, Jungkook. I'll see you in three days."

With that, Jungkook and Namjoon ended their phone call. He let out another deep sigh, the lobby had gotten way more quiet and less busy but there were still a few people sitting on the lobby bench waiting or just passing time.

Areum didn't have a night shift that day according to her father, yet she still hasn't walked out of the ER—how was he so sure? Maybe she already left.

Jungkook impatiently took off his face mask and ran towards the ER entrance, constantly cursing himself over and over. If Areum had already gotten off work with his stupid ass dozing off in the lobby, he might as well wait for her until morning for her next shift.

He ran as fast as he could on the wide hallway towards the Emergency Room, his heart almost beating out of his chest from uneasiness as he wished Areum was still in the building. He really needed to see her or else his heart and mind were just going to explode.

"Hey!" A soft voice echoed around the empty and dimmed hallway near the emergency room.

He caught his breath as he turned towards the voice just as he passed the elevator.

She was still there.

Areum had his eyebrows slightly furrowed as she looked at him. She had just gotten out from the elevator, carrying her purse with her long hair down, satin inner top and a pink coat. She was just going home now.

"You're still here," she murmured as she halted in front of him. "I told you to go home."

Jungkook stepped closer to her and she stepped back. He could feel his limbs weakened in defeat. She didn't even want to be near him.