chapter 46

FLASHBACK

3 years ago

Los Angeles was called the City of Angels—it probably referred to those fallen angels who disobeyed God

Los Angeles was called the City of Angels—it probably referred to those fallen angels who disobeyed God. They turned out to be the bad ones, didn't they? They were the ones who came down from the heavens and slept with humans and reproduced. Their offspring were called 'Nephilims', they were extremely tall and well built than normal human beings which seemed like grasshoppers in both perspectives—and they took advantage of their size. In the time of Noah, God had to wipe the earth clean because those vicious creatures kept killing, hurting and corrupting the citizens, so he flooded the earth and only saved the righteous man, Noah and his family.

Wasn't it ironic that those vicious creatures have already been wiped out only to exist again in the future years after their desolation? There were tons of monsters in Los Angeles—and all over the world.

Luke Bellford was born a local in the City of Fallen Angels. He was a potential successor of his father's reign as a politician—he was almost perfect. Growing up for him was somewhat easy. Everyone loved him, adored him and he was expected to be in his best behavior at all times. You'd think he'd grow up with a hidden aggressive side but he didn't. It may be a surprise but her parents loved him and he was raised well. Perhaps he was born to be good—born to do good.

For Jana Dejaeger who was born a part Irish and French, moving to America all the way from Belgium at 4 years old was a challenge. At first, she was just the weird kid on the block—the only girl with strong natural red hair and pale as a snow skin in a country where most adhered to look tanned by the beach. In any case, her odd features landed her a job in the Runway and big roles in Hollywood. She was born to uphold being one of a kind—be prominent amongst the stereotypical standards. Jana and Luke were meant to do well in life.

And then there was Song Areum who was neither a local in Los Angeles nor a beautiful woman of uniqueness and confidence. She was adopted at birth and was raised to be a star—someone her parents long planned her to be. Her family almost lived like the Bellford's and they were almost as good as them but Areum was not a good kid like Luke. She was anything but good. Sure, she excelled on a lot of things—she's incredibly talented and smart but she lacked emotions. Perhaps, she was born cursed. Trouble always followed her.

The fact that she grew up hating the spotlight only to end up befriending the Governor's son and a woman striving to be a public figure was incredibly paradoxical on her part.

How did she end up with these people? How did she end up falling in love with someone who lives for the spotlight?

Perhaps, there was a part of her which didn't hate the attention or maybe she just could never escape the life she was brought up to.