chapter 37

CHAPTER 37

Song Areum

Hotels and plane rides were not too foreign to the members, in a way, it was like being at their own apartments back in South Korea but not really—not quite

Hotels and plane rides were not too foreign to the members, in a way, it was like being at their own apartments back in South Korea but not really—not quite. But it became normal to them.

The members had taken their respectable seats inside their private plane, each had already curled up and fallen asleep as easily as breathing.

Areum had taken the seat in front of Jungkook who was currently too engaged with reading, his index finger gently tapping on the farthest end of the contemporary poetry book that Areum and Luke had written together.

His lips pressed into a subtle pout as he read, his expressions have changed quite a few times over the hours they have settled in the plane. Once, he would look really serious on one page, then his face would turn pleasant when he turned to a couple more pages.

Then his expression turned grey once more, Areum could tell that somehow, he was in a trance—so absorbed and engrossed with the book despite the muffled engine of the plane.

She smiled at the sight of him, relieved that he found the book she had written interesting, he didn't even realize that she had been watching him since the plane took off from Paris and back to New York.

Areum gazed outside through the small window beside her, a subtle shade of blue sky greeted her tired eyes. A puff of clouds was a perfect canvas in a varying gloomy and sunny atmosphere above, the clouds moved continuously in a slow manner as if the plane was sailing through white puff of vapor.

She had always been fascinated with anything above land, yet she hated heights. They say there was no other way to view a bigger picture than being high up from the ground—what they forgot to tell everyone was that the bigger picture in high places could either be good or bad, maybe even both.

And so some people took risks to see the bigger picture and faced their fears in the process, assuming only a good things would come out of it. Areum hated a lot of things but there were two things she hated most, heights and taking risks.

She shifted her gaze from the window, checking the time on her wrist watch as she slouched back on her seat while gazing at each member on the plane. They were all still fast asleep, except Jungkook who had just woken up two hours ago and was reading since then.

Their flight only had one and a half hours before landing, she didn't get any shut-eye in their almost 9 hour flight. She couldn't bring herself to rest knowing how far she was from the ground.

"Gwenchana?" Jungkook asked as he closed the book and looked up at her.

She nodded, smiling as she shifted on her seat once more. Jungkook placed the book on his side, leaning towards her as he opened his palms in front of her, motioning to put her hands on his.