chapter 24

CHAPTER 24

Song Areum

Most people heal in their own way

Most people heal in their own way. There isn't a right or wrong way to heal, not really. One thing they all have in common is that, healing takes time. Healing happens gradually, no one could take a shortcut from it.

Areum had been making herself busy all day since she last saw Dacre and Jana in her room wherr they talked all about Luke.

She'd been working all day and night. . . and, Jungkook still hasn't talked to her for three days straight, nor did he ever came to visit her at night.

It was the longest they haven't talked which allowed her to fulfill her duty on tour just as she needed or so she insisted.

Perhaps working was part of her healing. It was good. She kept her mind busy so she'd have no time to think too much about either Luke or Jungkook.

The first concert was tomorrow. The members were in the Hotel Suite filming an episode for RUN BTS. Areum had checked on them for a few minutes before going back to her room to study some medical courses she's taking online.

The fans would love the episode they were filming, it was funny and Yoongi was way more talkative on the show than he was in person, which was a nice side of him.

She would've stayed longer to finish the shoot but Jungkook had still been very aloof with her, as if being in the same room with her gave him hell, so she left. The last thing she wanted was to give him a hard time.

Areum leaned back on her swiveling chair, taking out her eyeglasses before massaging her temples, the back of her neck started to get sore, almost immovable. It happens when she overworked herself and was under a lot of stress. She's had it for a long time it doesn't worry her anymore.

She stretched out her arms before taking deep breaths as she got back studying Surgical Courses online with her huge eyeglasses that matched the ones of Jungkook's because they bought it together back in New Jersey.

She's always been fascinated with anatomy, and how everything inside the human body was all connected to the outside and how external trauma affects the insides. Perhaps it's why when she's emotionally struggling, her physical function deteriorates too, sometimes it hurts even worse on the inside—like her heart was going to burst.

Her door rang a couple of times but she was too focused on watching a Laparoscopic Surgery on one of her classes for hours. Luke liked watching medical videos with her when they were on College. It seemed so long ago when she was just studying, a lot happened after college.

A loud knock finally broke her concentration, she scratched her head in irritation before finally making her way to her door, always checking the peephole before opening it.