chapter 18

CHAPTER 18

S o n g A r e u m

    The members have all settled in their respective places inside the plane before it took off

The members have all settled in their respective places inside the plane before it took off. They all went to the airport as soon as their morning schedule cleared up in New York and they were able to change into more comfortable clothes for their flight to São Paulo.

Namjoon was writing some concept songs on his small notepad on his reclining seat, he looked comfortable as he stretched his long legs across with his thick plush comforter over his lap to keep him warm from the chilly breeze of the air conditioning. Jin already dozed off in front of Yoongi who was working on his demo too. Jimin sat in front of Namjoon, desperate to sleep but couldn't find a comfortable position in his tiny space because of Namjoon's long limbs. Taehyung and Hoseok sat as they faced each other, playing with their Nintendo Switch which Areum found herself enjoying to watch. She sat on the armrest of Hoseok's seat as she watched him beat Taehyung on their game.

Once in a while she'd scan the plane, hesitantly checking on Jungkook who hasn't spoken to her nor to anyone else in the group, aside from Manager Ye Jin. He did well on the interview though, no one noticed that he was already having a bad day that early. The thought worried her the most. Every smile he'd given to the crowd, the way his eyes looked as if it had full of excitement, or how he innocently waved to them with vigor as he attempted to answer all the questions in English, all of it shielded his palpable sadness and the way his eyes actually looked hopeless and troubled when no one's looking. Anyway, now he had his eyes fixed outside the plane, where the clouds kissed the metal exterior of their transport. It hurt looking at him sitting all alone by himself.

Jin and Jimin sat beside Jungkook on their way to the airport, trying to talk to him but he wouldn't budge. Areum was hesitant to come closer to Jungkook, keeping in mind the privacy he probably seeks. But it was killing her, to see him out of his usual playful self. It kills her that she couldn't even do anything about it.

  "Go talk to him." Jimin murmured, pointing towards Jungkook with his plump lips.

Taehyung glanced up from his Switch, concerned as he gaped in Jungkook's direction.

"Did they argue again?" Taehyung muttered. "He's always like that when they fight."

Jimin kicked Taehyung lightly, giving him a warning look as if he didn't want Areum to hear what Taehyung had just said. Hoseok glanced up from his game too, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape before nervously smiling as he looked alternately at Areum then towards Jimin and Taehyung. Jimin leaned back on his seat glaring at Taehyung who childishly bit his lower lip like he said something bad and regretted it instantly. The three men gawked at Areum with an embarrassed look.

"What?" she calmly spoke. "I wasn't going to ask you who he was arguing with. Geokjeong hajima." It was obvious they weren't talking about her.