Chapter 50: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (VIII)

Start from the beginning

Yan Lu's eyes swept past his eyebrows, his eyes and finally landed on his lips. Using his old voice, he said, "I waited too long."

"I'm sorry." In Shang Ke's clear eyes, the old and gray-haired Yan Lu was reflected.

Yan Lu said gloomily, "Little Mushroom, now that both of us are on the righteous path, are you willing to dual cultivate with me?"

"Of course." Shang Ke replied without hesitation.

"Even if I'm old and withered? Do you not care?"

Shang Ke stared at his face for a while and said, at a bit of a loss, "I do care a little, how about you wear a mask in the future when we dual cultivate?"

Yan Lu: "...I don't like to wear masks."

Shang Ke sighed, "Then it can't be helped, I will wear one instead." Although he said that, there wasn't any disdain in his eyes. In his point of view, his mental age was actually not that different from Yan Lu's. He was also very familiar with Yan Lu, they had long passed the level of just looking at appearances.

Yan Lu's eyes rippled and he said, "There's no need for such trouble. Little Mushroom, tell me. Do you like a young and inexperienced adolescent or a sturdy youth? A steady middle-aged man or a wise and farsighted elderly?"

Shang Ke: "Ah? What do you mean?

Yan Lu explained, "With my constitution, once my cultivation enters a certain stage, I can reconstruct my appearance."

Ordinary cultivators would obtain the ability to change their appearance after they reach Nascent Soul Stage. Yan Lu had gone through the devil tribulation so his body was already out of the ordinary. If it weren't for the backlash of destroying his cultivation being too high, he would never have suddenly become old either.

Shang Ke's eyes widen. Since he can remake his appearance, why did he pretend to be some sloppy old man? Does he not know that in this world, where worth was so much based on looks, his appearance was the deciding factor in how he was treated!??!

Shang Ke stayed quiet for a moment, then spoke, "I think, I like the child look more."

"...You like children?" Yan Lu's expression was grave, in a seldom distressed mood. "It's not impossible to change into a child, but if I do that, there's a lot of dual cultivation positions we can't do. Unless, if we research some more techniques..."

"Halt!" Shang Ke finally understood, this guy really has no integrity to be spoken of, "Just turn back to how you were before."

Yan Lu's lips twitched. He dipped his head to peck Shang Ke's lips then submerged into the water. Not longer than a minute later, the spring water started to bubble and fog rose and their surroundings turned hazy.

Shang Ke was vigilantly keeping watch when he felt a large hand suddenly drag him underwater. Then his lips were blocked, a fiery tongue slipped through his lips. The two men were suspended in the water, their bodies tangled together like conjoined twins.

Right at this moment, several cultivators appeared above the spring.

One of them spoke, "Strange, this place is full of immortal qi, why can't we see the source?"

The other added, "Perhaps we came too late and someone else already took it?"

"Perhaps so."

The fog in the air blocked everyone's line of sight and they paid no mind to the seven springs at the summit. They also did not sense the two below in the spring who were dual cultivating. These seven springs were called "Seven Star Springs" and were linked together, assembling a special array. Only if one entered the middle of the array would one find the peculiarness, otherwise, it was very hard to notice anything strange.