Chapter 44: Everyone Loves Little Immortal Mushroom (II)

Start from the beginning

Shang Ke asked, "Have you paid money for any of those things?"

"What's money?" It wasn't that Yan Lu didn't know what money was, it was that he simply did not care. To him, as long as he had the ability to obtain something, it was his.

"Buying and selling, you can buy you can sell, you can barter. Only then is it fair. How could you selfishly take without payment?" Shang Ke pulled him and walked back the way they came from, "Let's go back and pay for all of those things."

Yan Lu declined to comment and followed behind Shang Ke, watching him patiently looking for the stall-keepers of everything he had taken and paid for them one by one.

Shang Ke looked at his own purse. Those things had actually used up half of his wealth.

He said to Yan Lu, "We need to find ways to earn money later, or we'll end up just eating air."

"That won't happen, we can just steal from a couple people." Yan Lu's gaze lingered on a few people dressed in lavish clothing and dully said, "These men are fat and prosperous and the qi within them is sluggish. They are greedy for riches, so taking away their wealth might actually let them live longer."

Shang Ke was somewhat speechless, "...That is still the other people's money, stealing it isn't right."

"You're a mushroom, so why do you follow the rules of society so strictly as opposed to me, an ordinary person?" Yan Lu tilted his head and asked.

What the heck does that have anything to do with him being a mushroom? Also, in what way, shape or form are you ordinary? The whole point of your freaking birth was to topple the world, alright?

Shang Ke was struck speechless again, "These are things that you can obtain honestly, why must you do it the lawless way?"

"Because that's the simplest and most direct way." Yan Lu replied as if it was a matter of fact.

Shang Ke was finally aware of just how misconstrued this guy's three views are. He believed from the bottom of his heart that doing things by force is the right way, to steal and take was the right way...

The two did not stay long in the city, instead, they found a place outside the city to sleep.

Shang Ke, who had turned back into a mushroom, needed to absorb plant essence from what they had on hand. Grain, beans, nuts, white cabbage and foods like that. Using another worlds' way to put it, he needs to replenish vitamin B1.

And Yan Lu was neither human nor devil, he did not need to eat anymore. If he wanted to eat he could, if he didn't he didn't need to. Recently he only wanted to eat mushrooms and asked Shang Ke to keep making him mushroom soup.

At night, Shang Ke found a wild mushroom group and turned into a mushroom to camouflage himself amongst them, his appearance exactly the same as them. That kind of hiding place can save space, be convenient for cultivation and would even act as good protection.

However, Yan Lu could find him with a look. The moment he found him, he liked to stare at him without even blinking.

Mushroom Shang Ke shook a bit and inched behind a bigger mushroom, hiding in its shadow.

Yan Lu was a bit unhappy and reached out to pluck out that big mushroom. So Shang Ke was once again exposed to someone's hungry gaze.

Shang Ke: "......"

Yan Lu seems to feel that it was not enough and then plucked all the surrounding mushrooms, leaving behind a single mushroom on the tree trunk.

Shang Ke: "......"