Chapter 36: Let Me Protect You (IV)

Start from the beginning

Feng Juan felt a bit ashamed of his own inferiority before the dazzling boy before him.

"Keke, am I not very useless?" Feng Juan's voice was downcasted, "You were always the one to protect me, to take care of me. Now, you can even earn money by yourself while I can only watch. I can't do anything."

"Juan Juan, do you also want to protect me, take care of me and earn money for me to spend?" Shang Ke asked with a bright smile.

Feng Juan strongly nodded, "Yes."

"Then," A flash of slyness flitted through Shang Ke's eyes, "let's make a deal."

"What kind of deal?"

"I will teach you everything I know. When you surpass me, I will wait for you to raise me."

"Can I... surpass you?" A cautious expectation grew on Feng Juan's face.

"Of course." Shang Ke roughly rubbed his hair, "Our family's Juan Juan is the smartest."

The dullness in Feng Juan's eyes gradually scattered and his eyes once again regained their luster. He faced Shang Ke, saying with the utmost seriousness, "Keke, I will raise you in the future."

Shang Ke's smile turned even bigger and he left a quick and chaste kiss on his face, lively replying, "Alright, I will wait for you."

Two months later, Shang Ke successfully assembled two computers, one desktop and one laptop. Mr. Ferrg also gave them a $200 allowance.

With the computers, Shang Ke could finally show more of his skill. Feng Juan and his life officially started to accelerate.

Jogging in the morning, going to the library after class, learning to code and working on homework in the evening, then practicing martial arts on the weekends.

Shang Ke taught him everything to the best of his ability, so in Feng Juan's heart, he was not just his brother, he was even more so his mentor.

The two went together everywhere, completely inseparable, and their life was rich and beautiful. Unknowingly, five years had passed and the two entered the same middle school. But Feng Juan entered it with the achievement as number one in the whole grade while Shang Ke just barely scraped through.

Feng Juan was very resentful for this, "What happened to passing with high marks together?"

Shang Ke shrugged his shoulders and helplessly said, "Sorry, I was up all night before the day of the exam so I wasn't really awake when we took the exam, almost falling asleep. I didn't even finish half of it."

Feng Juan coldly stared at him, "You better not let me find out it was on purpose."

Shang Ke innocently smiled. The features of the thirteen-year-old him were gradually smoothing out like a polished jade. He started to stand out more and more, and the eyes on his body gradually increased.

Feng Juan was one of those eyes, his eyes only had Shang Ke and only stopped for Shang Ke.

Shang Ke had not seen geniuses before and was now convinced. The reason why he was able to become so skillful was due to the system's assistance and time. Meanwhile, Feng Juan completely relied on his own talent and hard work.

His height was already taller than Shang Ke while his computer skills were just a fine line behind. The only reason Shang Ke was better than Feng Juan was probably the experience of the "future".

"Oh right, Mr. Ferrg organized a room for you, let's go take a look."

Feng Juan let Shang Ke drag him along and indifferently voiced, "No need, I already decided to turn that bedroom into a library."