40

'My name's Alexa by the way.' She said while pulling me.

I winced at her hold, her grip is not that tight on my wrist but that was the same location I found out that had a bruise because of the last time when Mr. Jerry dragged me with force going in Ms. Minchin's office.

That left me a purple mark and I'm covering it with a black wrist band so that no one would see.

I tolerated the pain and Alexa dragged me into a nearby high-class cafe. It is just the right side of the school. It is very popular with the students but not for me, because one cup of coffee is like a bar of gold, very expensive. I found it ridiculous, maybe because I'm poor.

Someone opened the door for us and a waiter bowed down to greet us and led us to a table filled with luxurious desserts and tea sets.

There, a woman wearing a dress with such detailed embroidery partnered with big pearls over her neck and ears that looks very expensive. The way she sips on the teacup is done with such refined movements. It's funny that you can know the status of an individual by just the way they drink. 

She looks younger than her actual age, I think Alex got more of his good looks from his mother.

Alexa came near her side

'Mom.' Alexa called her 'I brought her.' She said

She didn't glance at Alexa, not until she had put the cup down the table. She looked at Alexa then at me and said. 'Have a sit.'

I saw Alexa sat down beside her mother and I sat in front of them. No emotion can be seen on my face, I knew this is coming, I knew... I prepared myself but I still can't help but feel sad.

'So, you are my son's, good friend?' She started off and stressing out the words "good friend" while looking at me with a serious face while Alexa is looking at us like watching a good drama while eating cakes, she hasn't changed a bit, just like before.

 I smiled bitterly and looked at her in the eyes and sat with my back straight like I'm in an interview for a job.

'Good afternoon Madam, first of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Elisia Martin.' I saw the surprise look in the woman in front of me. I know, I know how important for a person like her the word etiquette.  She is, after all, a general's wife.

When meeting a person for the first time, it is basic to smile, greet, and introduce yourself first to the other person may it be a friend or an enemy, I all learned this the hard way in my past life.

Alex's mother is like a steady river, she didn't do any harm to me but just warn me and nothing else. the only thing is when I entered in an affair with her son, she was like a deadly river that can kill you.

*Cough

'Forgive my manners, My name is Xandra Graham, I'm the mother of the twins.' She said and I smiled widely.

'Protector of Man' I said.

'Pardon?' Xandra's eyebrows furrowed and asked.

'Alex, Alexa, Xandra.' The mother and daughter looked at me with a questioning look.

'It is a very beautiful and thoughtful name, If you put it all together, it is Alexandra - Protector of Man in the biblical meaning.'

Author:

Happy Easter Everyone!!!