Ch. 70: I'm scared

Start from the beginning

"Uhm... Yeah?" I gulped.

"Good. I'm Betty Van der Baumann, and I'm a journalist in..."

"Sorry. No comments," I mumbled and hung up. I felt relieved that it 'only' was a journalist, but it made me miss Michael even more. Oh, how I wished he could just show up outside our door and take me back to the safe bubble that was Neverland. Yes, I was paranoid about the way too beautiful maids and the chef, but I could ask him to make them leave. At least until he was done working for the day. If he didn't allow me to tag along, that is. I wouldn't mind waiting for hours if it meant that I could be with him.

"Shit," I exclaimed when I realized what time it was. I needed to shower and get ready for school. I had an exam in sociology and psychology in a little over an hour, and I was already running late. And while I did my morning routine, I was plotting out a plan.

I knew exactly what to do.

<><><>

"Dammit, Devon! Is this the woman you fucked?"

I shoved the picture of Veronica in his face for the third time, and he finally grabbed it to study it closer.

"I don't know, man! I might or might not have been a little high then, so I only remember how her throat felt. And fuck, it felt good. And her pussy was pretty good, too."

"Oh, my God," I groaned. What kind of stupid people did I surround myself with?

"But this girl has darker hair."

"Oh?" I questioned. I guess that was something to start with.

"Yeah, this one was definitely blonde, and had a lot of makeup on."

I'd never seen Veronica wear any makeup at all. Not even mascara. Would she make an exception for this, whatever it was that she plotted?

"And her boobs..."

"What about them?"

Veronica was pretty flat chested, so if this woman had large boobs, this was obviously a dead end.

"They were perfect."

"Perfect as in small? Medium? Large?"

"Better. XL and special edition."

Definitely not Veronica. She was nowhere near that or whatever special edition he was talking about. So I backed off and left him at the mixing table.

I was in no mood to work. All I wanted was to talk to Mia. One thing was for certain; the next time I talked to her, I'd make sure she got the phone number to both the studio, my home number, Frank and my whole family. Then I thought for a second. Everybody except for Randy's number. She'd do fine without having to contact him in any way.

"Mike!" Frank hollered from the other end of the hallway. I was on my way to the toilet without really needing to go there. I just wanted to be left alone.

"Not now, Frank."

"It's JB. He wants to talk to you. He says it's important."