Chapter 2 - The New Trio

Start from the beginning

Ed scratches his head.

Ed: Aha don't worry about it.

Mustang: See, wasn't that easy?

I touch the floor, making a fist come out of the wall, hitting him dead center in the stomach again. Hmph, that's what you get for playing matchmaker. He then falls to the ground, trying to hold back his tears.

Mustang: Can you quit doing that?!

He holds his stomach, trying to recover from the pain.

Me: Just because you asked, no.

I smirk and looked over to see Ed laughing to himself.

Ed: I think we're going to get along quite well.

Me: Indeed.

Al: What about me?

I giggle from Al's comment.

Me: Yes, you too Al.

He smiles, pulling us together from our chairs and giving us a huge hug.

Al: That's great!

Al hugs us closer and starts lifting us up. Choking, not breathing. Damn it Al!

Al: Aha sorry.

He lets both of us go, but because of misplacing my feet, I begin to fall.
Damn it!
DAMN IT!
DAMN IT!
As I see the floor getting really close to my face, I feel someone catch me. I look up to see Ed lifting me back up to my feet.

Me: Thanks Ed.

Ed: No problem.

As we sit back down I begin to feel my face heat up. What's this feeling? It's warm, but also feels embarrassing. I quickly snap out of it, but noticed... Is Ed's face red?

Al: Ed are you alright? You're a bit red.

Ed jumps out of his chair, snapping out of it.

Ed: I'm fine! I'm fine!

He soon sits back down, but as we made eye contact to each other again, he simply smiles to me, assuring he was okay. I smile back to notice Mustang who's just getting up.

Mustang: Anyways. The next thing that's on your agenda is your mission.

Me: So what is it?

Mustang: You and Fullmetal are to depart to Liore tomorrow and investigate a man who goes by the name Father Cornello. Reports say he's been performing "miracles" that a normal human couldn't do on their own, or Alchemy for that matter. So I believe he could only be using the philosopher's stone to do this.

Me: The Philosopher's stone... Why is that stone's name familiar? 

Mustang: Ed will clue you in on what it is over your train ride.

I nod and looked over to the boys.

Al: Liore here we come!

********************************************
NEXT DAY

As me, Ed and Al are about to approach the train to Liore, we see Riza running up
to us.

Me: Riza? Why are you here? I thought you would be with Mustang?

Riza: Mustang forgot to give you this.

She passes me my pocket watch identification as I clip it on my skirt. I look at it smiling and then back to her.