Chapter 1 - [The Wall of Lumyryn]

Start from the beginning

     “If you ask me, he deserves everything bad that happens to him, including the death of his parents.” The second added.

     “How could you even say that?” Meenu asked, balling her free hand up into a fist, “that’s just cruel! Everyone knows Seliaryn is a good man! In the short time he was king, he did a lot to help people!”

     “Of the capital.” The oldest man muttered, “he did nothing for us.”

     “A traitor is a traitor.” The blonde said.

     “If what King Avaryn says is true then it’s a good thing that Seliaryn went mad. No one wants a king who won his place through treachery anyways.” The second said.

     Meenu bit her lip and glared.

     And she opened her mouth to continue arguing but the three men gasped and took a couple steps back in panic.

     Meenu blinked, and then she suddenly felt a hand squeeze her shoulder.

     When she turned around, she was surprised to see both Light and Heart behind her, Light being the one with a hand on her shoulder, both of them wearing their masks.

     It was obvious that these men knew that these people were the Warriors of Avaryn. That was what the masked warriors were called now.

     So a panic rose in them as they could feel the annoyed gaze of Light even though he wore a mask.

     “My friend.” Light said, “there is no point arguing with men who know how to do nothing but gossip and put people down. Men like that simply use their words to try and convince themselves and others that they are better and more moral than everyone else.”

     The men started to glare as Heart chuckled.

     “They are simply jealous.” Light finished.

     Meenu started to smile as she looked back at the now embarrassed and furious men.

     But before they could argue with the warriors, Light took Meenu’s hand and pulled her away from them.

     “What are you doing here?” Meenu asked as they returned to her horse.

     “Avaryn asked us to come with you,” Light said, “to protect you if you need protecting.”

     “Don’t be mad,” Heart added, “he also wanted you to have some company on a tough journey like this.”

     Meenu wasn’t mad.

     In fact, she was the opposite.

     She was happy and relieved.

     Part of her couldn’t believe that Avaryn would simply let her go on her own. Though that was what she wanted, she wondered if Avaryn didn’t care for her enough to force her to stay.

     But now she felt relieved.

     It made her happy to know that he was worried about her.

     Which, of course she had to admit, should have been obvious.

     Besides, she really liked both Light and Heart.

     “We are wondering, Meenu,” Light started as they all approached Knight who sat patiently at the edge of the woods, “what your plan is?”

     Meenu felt herself blush, “I have no plan, to be honest.”

     “We thought so.” Heart said, probably grinning.