Chapter 29: You Are My Faith (X)

Start from the beginning

"Devil qi invasion!" A person murmured softly, disgust and fear in his eyes.

"Catch him and see if he can still be saved!" Someone else shouted eagerly.

A few quickly went for Shang Ke, but Tylor and Kaiser both stood guard in front of Shang Ke.

"No one can touch him!" Tylor coldly said.

"Your Highness Tylor, he's already invaded by the devil qi, if we don't treat him, then he will turn into a devil apostle!"

Kaiser raged, "Even if you all turn into devil apostles, he would not!"

This group of bastards, they don't even have a clue that they were the ones being invaded by the devil qi and now wanted to harm the one that saved them.

"Kaiser, we know he is your friend, but since he has been invaded by the devil qi, we can't just ignore it." Someone else requested, "Can you guys please hurry and move aside? Perhaps he can still be saved."

"That's right, you can't neglect other people's safety for your friend." Many people agreed with the person's words, and echoed it.

"Neglect other people's safety? Did you guys not notice that you guys were being invaded by the devil qi?" Kaiser couldn't restrain his towering rage, "If it wasn't for Shang Ke, the ones that needed treatment would be you guys!"

"What do you mean?" Everyone's face was doubtful.

"Shang Ke used music to draw the devil qi out from your body into his own body."

"Ha, are you making a joke?" Most of the people showed that they did not believe it and only scoffed, "Who would help others to absorb the devil qi themselves? Isn't that just courting death?"

"Kaiser, do you really have to make such an absurd lie to help your friend? Look at the concentration of devil qi on his body, it's clearly because his willpower is too weak or his faith isn't firm enough for him to end up like this."

"Willpower too weak? Faith not firm?" Kaiser laughed from anger, "Do you think someone who has a weak willpower and faith would be able to play such music filled with the power of faith?"

Everyone paused, the harp's tune was still playing into their ears, melodious and pure, it was exactly like how Kaiser said, it contained a huge amount of faith.

What... was going on here?

Tylor did not pay attention to everyone else and crouched by Shang Ke's side, quietly speaking, "Shang Ke, it's enough. Stop."

He placed his hand on Shang Ke's back and immediately felt a bone chilling coldness intruding into his body from his fingertips, causing almost entirely of his arm to go numb.

Only now did Tylor know precisely how much devil qi Shang Ke absorbed for everyone. He had just barely touched him and it turned into an terrifying essence that attacked him.

He was simply unable to imagine just how Shang Ke was able to bear such dense devil qi. Exactly what was the origin of his faith?

"Daddy." Just at this moment, a young and tender voice interrupted Tylor's thoughts.

Tylor raised his head and saw Pupu reaching out to touch Shang Ke.

"Wait-" Tylor didn't even get to finish speaking when Pupu had already grabbed Shang Ke's sleeve. Soon after, he saw the devil qi in the area she touched suddenly dissipate and quickly retreat. In a very short time, the devil qi on Shang Ke's body disappeared without a trace and the harp's sound stopped.

Tylor looked at Pupu, flabbergasted. He knew that this little girl had a very pure power of faith, but he didn't expect this power to be powerful enough to be able to fight against the humongous amount of devil qi on Shang Ke's body. He once again looked back at Shang Ke, this pair of father and daughter really is... unbelievable.