Chapter 21: You Are My Faith (II)

Start from the beginning

After they finished washing up, Shang Ke helped Pupu put on a white robe. The robe was very big, and its hem almost dragged on the ground. He had no choice but to let her hold it in her hand, and he would later ask one of the others for a pair of scissors or a dagger so he could cut a bit off.

After tidying up Pupu, Shang Ke washed himself and put on the clean clothes. His set of long robes was ashy blue, with a silver border. It had a simple style, and on his waist was a handmade rope to tie it together.

Shang Ke's hair wasn't dry yet and it hung damply behind him, soaking the back of his robes.

However, Pupu's hair had been carefully wiped by Shang Ke. It was already half dried and lazily dangled by her face.

After the bloodstains were washed away, they could see that Pupu's small face, although thin, had a pair of bright eyes and delicate features. She had reddish brown hair that slightly curled and fell to her shoulders. Her two hands carried her overly large robe, and with her serious expression the scene was very adorable.

The big and small ones standing together easily drew everyone's stunned gazes.

Shang Ke led Pupu back to the camp and politely thanked Youri once more. The other repeatedly waved his hand, a trace of bashfulness flashing through his expression.

If they were still wary of Shang Ke before, then after seeing his true appearance, no one could muster any more suspicions.

So to speak, this was also a world where you base things off appearances...

Shang Ke smoothly borrowed a dagger and helped cut off more than half of Pupu's robe, leaving it at knee length.

However, seeing how the robe was still very loose, Shang Ke thought a bit before taking off his waist rope, carefully undoing it and dividing it into four strings. He then took two of them and wrapped one around each of their waists.

Following that, he picked up another strand, his finger nimbly winding as he began to weave.

Everyone was originally preparing the meal, but they were all unconsciously attracted to him, or rather, their attention was on his fingers. From within the ashy blue robes, ten slender and fair fingers interweaved and danced, like he was playing an instrument, full of rhythm.

His expression was very focused while his gaze was gentle, and it brought about a tranquil and serene feeling like a relaxed song.

In the blink of an eye, the string within his hand had been turned into a pretty

Shang Ke placed the rhombus knot on Pupu's waist, making her unpresentable clothing a bit more fun.

Following that, he weaved another one for himself and also placed it on his waist.

Pupu rubbed the knot on her waist, before looking at the one on Shang Ke's waist. She suddenly revealed a big smile and threw herself into his embrace, happily calling out, "Daddy!"

Shang Ke: "......"

You were swindled with just a knot? Child, people's hearts are sinister, you can't be so lacking in vigilance!

"So you guys were father and daughter?" The red-haired girl Vadula ran an amazed gaze across their figures.

Shang Ke faintly smiled and did not say anything. Based on the information from the System, he knew that this little girl no longer had any family. Because she was saved by Kaiser, she was very intimate with him, and later became one of his great helpers.

Did this mean that he stole one of the main character's pieces? Shang Ke glanced over at where Kaiser was sitting not too far from them, and the other just so happened to look toward him as well. Their lines of sight met in the air.