Chapter 14: You Don't Regret it, but I Do

Start from the beginning

“I said what I said to hurt him, because he hurt me by acting like an overprotective asshole.” I replied in a quiet tone. I didn’t want to be that mean, but I was very emotional earlier. I’ve been stressed and it is starting to take its toll on me.

“Sweet heart, he loves you and he always will. I think you know that. He’s a crazy fucker for wanting to stay friends just to have you in his life. You gotta admire that.” Alec squeezed my shoulder gently and kissed my cheek before taking his leave from my room to watch over Nash. Alec kept Nash in his room that night until he sobered up.

I woke in the morning feeling like shit. I was tired and hungry, despite the half gallon of ice cream I gorged on last night and the 9 hours of sleep I had. I opened my eyes and was stunned to see a pair of green eyes looking back at me. They were sad and held something that looked like remorse. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and hugged him fiercely.

“I’m sorry Nash. I didn’t mean any of it.” The words fell out of my mouth in a hurried and desperate way. My eyes started to tear and I held back the water that wanted to spill over. This was the longest fight we had ever had and I needed us to be okay again. I needed my best friend, even if he didn’t need me or forgive me.

“I’m sorry too baby. Please don’t cry. You’re not a whore. You know that’s not true right?” He replied as he laid his head against mine. I pulled him closer to me and nodded that I understood and accepted his apology. I knew he didn’t really think I was a whore, but the fact remained that I sort of was one. After all, I slept with my married teacher and I still wanted him, even after I knew he was married. If that doesn’t scream whore, I don’t know what does.

“I don’t want to fight again. I need you and you’re too important to me.” I responded as I softly kissed his cheek. I couldn’t have survived through half of the things in my life if it wasn’t for him. The truth was that I wanted to be in love him, but I just couldn’t bring myself to consider it and I felt slightly awful that he was probably in love with me and always had been, but I couldn’t reciprocate his feelings.

“But if we don’t fight, then we don’t get to make up.” He teased and pressed his lips to mine gently, pulling away after only seconds. He wasn’t pushing himself on me which was somewhat out of character for him.

Maybe he got lucky last night when he was drunk. Alcohol does make you do things. I can attest to that. I couldn’t blame him if he had and I would never stop him. I wouldn’t stand in the way of his happiness and he wouldn’t do that to me either, even if he didn’t approve of it.

“Did you get laid by a hot piece of ass last night sexy boy? Is that why you’re so tame this morning?” I questioned in a sexy voice and ran my hand down his chest and abs. I wasn’t planning on having sex with him, but teasing him was too much fun.

“No, I was too busy drowning my sorrows. Besides, the only hot piece of ass I want is you sexy baby.” He responded and rolled me on top of him, grabbing my ass roughly. He had the widest smirk on his face and I had the feeling he was only half teasing.