CH.2: Devastated and Alone

Start from the beginning

We reach a table with four seats facing the judge and sit down, Isabel to my right and Furlan and Levi to my left.

I was visibly nervous as I felt eyes on me from the left. I leaned forward and looked to my left to see Papa's angry expression glaring daggers.

I held a stoic expression and glared at him back, he snapped his head forward as if he got scared or something. I looked at Furlan and Levi and they were glaring at him with a deadly stare.

I tapped Furlan's shoulder and he looked at me confused, I smiled at him. He smiled at me but I noticed Levi still dead staring papa.

Furlan notices and pokes Levi's side causing him to jump and snap his head towards Furlan.

"What?"Levi asks in a whisper.

"Calm down Levi."Furlan hisses leaning back in his chair.

Levi rolls his eyes and falls back into his chair, crosses his leg over the other and crosses his arms.

The door at the side of the court room opens to reveal an old man with a white beard walk in and sits down on the seat at the front of the court.

"So today this meeting is for determining the jail sentence of Lance-Corporal Asher Adori, for attempted murder on his own child, Ezlyn Harper who is present."He looks up from his paper looking at me then to papa. "I have also been told that Miss Ezlyn has admitted to being abused by her parents at the family home within Wall Maria, so we will now have Miss Ezlyn confirm that herself."He finishes looking down at me.

"Have you been hurt by you're parents before?"Mr Zachly asks.

I sigh. "Yes, yes I have been hurt by my parents, mentally and physically for little reasons like being late for dinner or talking without being asked." I say letting out a small sigh.

"She's lying!"Papa yells standing up frantically.

"Excuse me?"Zachly questions.

"I mean... She's lying, Ezlyn is very manipulative, I'd never try hurt my precious little girl, that night me and my wife were forced down into the basement by her lies," Papa exclaims. "She screamed someone was down there trying to kill her and then she slashed her own artery to make it seem I had done it." He cried.

'Wait what is he trying to accomplish? Wait... he's not trying to be relieved of his sentence right or get me back in his custody.'

I can feel tears forming in my eyes as I start shaking from the fear of staying with papa.

"How can you all think I would hurt my own daughter?"He asks acting hurt.

Levi stands up and stares at papa with an angry look in his eyes.

"Then explain her legs that are black and blue with bruises?"Levi asks holding back his anger, although he was visibly burning with rage.

Papa is surprised by Levi's sudden outburst and it's noticable that Furlan has the urge to stop Levi.

"Well you see, Levi, my daughter is a very clumsy girl and usually trips over her own feet often. Anyways why are you so concerned about a little girl you hardly even know."He says almost smugly.