Chapter Six

I saw Natsu walk by the shop when I was there with Sting. I wanted to talk to him about it and why he didn't come on in to talk to us. He never answered, which made me confused. I thought I should be the one to be ignoring him, and Lisanna is too nice to be a person who would make him stop talking to me. 

I walk into the school building and see Natsu talking to Gray. 

"Hey, Natsu" I call out to him. 

"Hey, Luce.. uh Lucy" he stutters. 

"What's with the real name treatment?" I laugh.

"Oh, I just realized that I have never really used your real name since I met you, so I thought I would try it out" he stumbles. 

"But I like the nickname Luce instead when it comes from you" 

"Really?" I nod. I mean at first, it hurt but since I haven't seen him in a while I would love to hear it again, no matter if it were to hurt. "Okay, then I'll keep the nickname" he smiles nervously at me. 

"What's going on with you?" I ask. 

"Oh, nothing, what would make you think that?" 

"Your acting weird about everything I say" 

"Am I?" 

"Yeah, can we go back to normal" 

"What do you mean everything is normal" he laughs. 

"Hey, Natsu" Lisanna calls out when she enters the school. 

"Oh, hey Lisanna" he runs off to greet her. 

"Well, that was weird," Gray says. 

"You're telling me," I say as I walk off towards Juvia and Erza with Gray. I feel like I'm about to start to cry one again. I thought I ran out of tears lately but I seem to always have enough when it comes to him.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look, we got the best mark in the whole class on our project" Lisanna comes back with a smile on her face after checking for our names on the list. 

"Wow, that's great!" We give each other a high-five. "We make a good team, I guess" 

"Sure do! Would you like to always be partners for these types of assignments?" she asks. 

I hesitate for a moment and think about it. We would have to spend a lot of time together with the more assignments I partner with her. It should be fine, I will have Sting around for most of it and it will help me get over Natsu in time. I will always have him as a friend especially if I become good friends with Lisanna as well. 

"Sure, I would love to. That saves us the trouble of always wondering who will be our partner" I laugh. 

"You know, your a lot different than I thought you would be" she blurts out. 

"What?" her comment catches me off guard. 

"Yeah, from the way Natsu always talked about you I thought it sounded like you had a crush on him. Then I thought that if you did you wouldn't have given me his number and be this kind to me. You truly are kind to everyone you meet, aren't you"

"Uhhh, I don't think I am that kind" I laugh it off.  I can't let any of my true feelings slip out here or else this will be ruined. 

"I'm sure you would do anything to make sure your friends are happy. I admire you for that and hope we can be good friends" 

I smile at her. "I hope we can be good friends as well, as long as your not the jealous type of girlfriend who believes her boyfriend can't have any friends that are girls around him"