Chapter Two

The next morning, I'm awoken by the sounds of dishes being put into the cupboard after breakfast. I quickly get dressed and head into the kitchen.

"Good morning Lucy!" I get greeted by Zeref. "Had a fun night with Natsu?" he laughs. All it does is remind me of our conversation. I look and see everyone in the kitchen finishing with the cleaning up of breakfast.

"Would you like some breakfast? We didn't know when you would wake up but I could still make you some scrambled eggs."

"No, I will be fine. I wasn't hungry anyway" I lie.

"We weren't up that late!" Natsu yells from across the room in answer to Zeref's comment. I avoid looking at him and look around the room for Mavis.

"Is Mavis up yet?" I ask.

"Yeah, she's on the front deck like usual" Zeref informs me.

"Okay, I think I'll go join her." I walk towards the front door and walk out onto the deck. Sit beside her in one of the chairs. I see Mavis sitting in one of the deck chairs with a pair of sunglasses on. She looks like she could be sleeping in the warm sun like you would find a cat doing.

"Hey, Lucy. You slept in late for once. I guess running around the house tired you out. "she laughs.

"Yeah, I guess so." I shortly answer. She takes off her sunglasses and examines me for a moment before speaking again. I guess she heard in my voice how I was feeling but I don't feel like talking about it right now.

"What's wrong?" she asks me while swinging her legs over the edge of the chair. Showing she has her full attention on me for the moment.

"I don't wanna talk about it," I say as I look away from her. I don't want her to be able to look at me and see exactly how I feel. She reads me like an open book, I can't hide things from her easily. I wonder what she would think if she heard what was upsetting me right now. What would she be able to motivate me with this time? I don't think anything could make me feel better right now. I hate thinking about him right now, I don't want to talk about him, or even think about what I'm going to do on Monday. I hate the fact that I want to do it, I mean I want him to be happy so I won't back down from what I said. I'm going to hate myself for it later.

Lisanna is one lucky girl if she has Natsu wanting her. She better treat him right and knows how lucky she is.

"Are you sure? You look down" she looks at me with concern written all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been having a bit of trouble in school lately, but I'll be fine. I was just thinking about that." she looks at me as if she doesn't believe it but she doesn't question me anymore. "So, how's life with you and Zeref? I never got to ask you yesterday?" I ask trying to change the conversation.

"Life is great. Being married to Zeref has been the greatest life I could have ever imagined." she smiles as she loves talking about Zeref. They are in love, it makes me wish that it was me and Natsu who were so happy together. The way it looks now, it will always be a dream of mine.

"I hope you and Natsu are happy like us someday!" she exclaims.

"Yeah" I simply state to avoid any further questioning. We stay in silence for a moment, until Mavis suggests we go to the beach to enjoy some time in the sand. It's too cold for the moment to go swimming as the spring sun is still melting the last bits of the winter snow. Most of the snow that is still left on the ground is all brown and slush. It makes a huge mess if you step in it, other than that it's already warm enough to head out in just a sweater and not have to wear a huge jacket out anymore.

We get ourselves ready to go out and we told everyone where we were going, they all decided they wanted to go out with us. I hope since we're all going out in a huge group, I won't be left alone with Natsu at any time. I don't want to tell anyone about what's happened if I don't have to.