Chapter 10: My Heart Beats For You (I)

Začít od začátku

Jian Chenfeng and his older brother were people with two completely different styles. Within his strictness was a bit of wildness, his gaze was like the point of an impeccably sharp spear and his aura was overflowing. Visually, he estimated him to be almost 190 cm tall and well-built. At the banquet, he was like a crane in a flock of chicken.

Shang Ke's gaze lingered on Jian Chenfeng for a while longer, feeling that he looked a bit familiar.

The other reacted very keenly, by accurately catching Shang Ke's reckoning gaze and turning his head to look at him. After he saw that it was merely Shang Ke, he turned his head back, like he had just swept his gaze past air.

Shang Ke also didn't care, he had just started to "pursue" Jian Xin, and hadn't done anything yet that would make Jian Chenfeng particularly hate him. Therefore, their current relationship was neither salty or bland.

Shang Ke didn't rush himself to go swipe up Lord "Main Character's" favorable impression. He only stayed in the banquet for a bit over ten minutes and left quietly. Before he left, he didn't forget to send his older brother a short text.

Jiang Donglin was rather amazed when he received the text. Didn't Yumo like Miss Jian quite a bit? He was originally worried that Yumo would do something impolite to Miss Jian. But he couldn't have possibly expected that before the banquet was over, he would have already left. Did he perhaps have a new target now?

At this moment, Jian Chenfeng walked over with his younger sister. Jiang Donglin temporarily laid down the confusion of his brother's strange actions in his heart and greeted them with a dazzling smile.

At night, when he got back, Jiang Donglin asked the housekeeper, "Did Yumo return?"

"Little Young Master returned two hours ago, he's already asleep now," the housekeeper took Jiang Donglin's coat and replied.

He's already asleep? Is he really alright?

Jiang Donglin shook his head and decided not to think too much about it. Jiang Yumo had always done things at his own pace, even their father couldn't control him, let alone him.

The next day, the first thing Shang Ke did, when he woke up, was to go to the hospital for an examination.

The original owner only found out that he had contracted brain tumor two years later, but by then, it was already too late to treat it.

This clearly could become a great advantage for him to complete this second world's mission, at least it guaranteed he wouldn't commit suicide or die of old age.

"Why did you suddenly want to come to do a ?" Xu Qing asked as he looked at Shang Ke who was sitting next to him on the bed.

Xu Qing was the Jiang family's doctor, and one of Jiang Yumo's very few friends.

"I've been having headaches a lot lately." Shang Ke smiled at him, "So while I came to see you, I thought I'd get myself examined at the same time."

Shang Ke leaned against the window sill, letting the sunlight shine on him. With his wide smile, his entire person appeared very lazy. Jiang Yumo's appearance was very attractive, it was just that his normally arrogant and despotic ways tainted his natural temperament. But the look that the current him had, felt like he had been purified and gave people a completely new feeling.

Xu Qing pushed his glasses up and then seamlessly moved away his line of sight.

The two casually chatted, and soon after, the CT results came out.

Xu Qing wasn't much of a brain specialist doctor, but after he took a look at the CT results, his face changed.

The doctor told him, "The position of this brain tumor is very rare, but fortunately its been found in time, making the chance of recovery very high."