Chapter Thirty six: Examination (part 2)

Ashianna's point of view

"Then... Care to share your thoughts, Kuya?"

For the first time, I called him Kuya. I Never called him that. It was a first time. But he's like a brother to me really.

"Haha! I'm fine."

"You can't hide your pain to me. You can fool the others but not me, Kuya. We're living in the same roof with the others. We're seeing each other everyday. We're close friend. It's only three months since I knew you but you can't fool me." That's right. He can't fool me about his pain. I know him. He's good at hiding it.

"I like a girl." He spoke. I'm not surprised.

"But I think she doesn't like me. I mean... It's obvious. An amazing girl like her won't like back such an idiot man like me." He looks so down. He really need a comfort.

"We didn't know. Charlie... Hindi mo pa naman sinasabi yung nararamdaman mo. We are not sure also if she doesn't like you. We are not sure of everything." I grabbed the bottle of beer and drink it.

"I am sure."

"You confirmed it?"

"N-no. I'm scared."

Natahimik kami. Parehas na nakatingin sa langit habang umiinom. I'm sure Mom and Dad will scold me if they found out that I drink.

"You know, Some of the guys is afraid of telling their true feelings. Even they are strong in the Battle, some are still afraid if confession. And you know kung paano nila nalalagpasan?"

"How?"

"Taking the risk."

"And why are you telling me this?"

I sigh and drink again.

"Kuya Charlie. You're like them. If you take the risk, you'll able to know the answer in your questions but you are afraid of Rejection."

"You are afraid of rejection. Can I ask why?" Natahimik naman sya ay halatang walang masagot. Someone told me that there's a reason why people afraid of something.

"I have no friends before..."

Charlie's Point of view

"I have no friends before..."

I started. Maybe she's Right.

"I'm trying to make some but they are rejecting me."

She looks curious. Nakasandal parin sya sakin. Sana lang walang makakita dahil gusto ko pa mabuhay. Someone will surely kill me.

"Why?"

"Beacause I came from a poor family. My father is a baker while my mother abandoned us when I was 1 year old. She left us after the war. After the disappearance of two legendaries." Hindi ko na kailangang Sabihin kung sinong dalawang legendaries dahil alam kong alam na nya yon.

"I have a little sister and her name is Alyssa. She's with my father in Teline. My father raised us all by himself."

"Alyssa? Familiar name." I heard she whispered.

"They are making fun of me because my father is just a baker but I'm not ashamed."

"Is that why you are afraid of Rejections?" Mahina akong tumango.

Ashianna's point of view

"Yes. I'm afraid that she will rejected me because of my Father's work."