Chapter 2: Seiryuu

Start from the beginning

Ao: Oh? Did you always have bells? 

Me: I found them. They make a pretty sound...

Ao: Oh. That's good. Even though I can't see you, I know where you are. 

        After hearing Ao's comment, I was kind of happy. I swing the bells on mask with head, happily. Then I turned to him. But... 

Ao: (tears pouring out from his face) I'm sorry...

Me: Huh?

Ao: I'm sorry... for leaving you alone... I'm sorry! (starts crying) 

Me: (turns around) Don't, Ao. Let's talk about something else. But I'm stupid. I can't think of anything to say. You have to talk, Ao. Hey, Ao... Let me hear your voice. 

       Ao... was gone. I was alone. Hearing the voices of the villagers, outside. I swing the bells which reminded Ao's voice. 

Ao: That's good. Even though I can't see you, I know where you are.

        Tears streamed down from my eyes as I clutched myself together to get a grip. I wanted someone to recognize me from the darkness. Tell me, is there anyone in the world who could be the light? The sky then became gloomy as if someone is crying as lighting strikes. For a while later, I... saw something coming. Lots of them. Lots of soldiers. I realize that the bad people who ran must have told the soldiers. I.. don't know what to do and I'm not strong enough to beat any of them with my sword yet. I... was afraid. I'm wearing a mask. They'll find me soon. If the village's secret gets out... If they find out, what will happen? 

Ao's voice: You must never use the power of your eyes.

        A sound of the heartbeat just bumped into me. That's right. Everyone fears every Seiryuu and attacks the village because of the power of our eyes. It's a curse. A curse. But... I took off my mask and ran forward to the soldiers... I hesitate because... Ao protected this village! Then... 

Villager: What... What happen? 

        I'm... sorry, Ao. I fell down by using the power of the eyes. This power was never supposed be used... after all. Because of this, the villagers feared me even more. They moved the village underground. I... isolated myself in the deepest corner. 

        In a raining day, at the age of 12, I... saw a tiny animal standing in the rain by itself. It was a squirrel sitting on a rock. It looked sad or perhaps finding shelter. Luckily, I found a leaf then at least to help the little thing. I put the leaf on top of its head to avoid the next thing that I know was it stared at me then eats the leaf. I didn't know what to do, but I left it alone. Somehow it followed me but I didn't mind. At first, I thought that the animal think I'm a "monster", but for the looks of it... It likes me who am I now. Was it because...Never mind. I... named the squirrel Ao... Ao, from the previous Seiryuu. A couple minutes later, the rain became harder and colder so Ao and I stayed near a cave since it's near to "home" then I spot someone. I thought it was going to be a group of soldiers again, but instead I saw a girl, who looks like a 10 or 9 year old, has long silver hair, pale skin, wearing a white and pink robe which a bit teared, bare feet, and was injured. Her bangs were covering her eyes so I couldn't what color of her eyes were. She then collapsed. I don't know what to do, but I ran to help her. Ao followed me behind. I held on to the girl and wanting to make sure that she's okay. To the looks of it, her eyes were swollen. Was she... crying? Questions were ringing inside my mind until... 

Girl: Nnh... (slowly opened her eyes for a bit) ... 

        I then looked at her. She has... pretty... eyes. Her eyes were pink and yellow, but I couldn't tell because it looked like it was a mixed up. Not... really mix mix. But more importantly, she was cold and was about to have a fever. 

Me: ...Ao... Let's help her to get out of the rain.

Ao: (confused) P'kyuu... (happy) P'kyuu!

        I carried her the bridal way then took her to the cave where Ao and I were at. The cave was big and was big enough for Ao, me, and her. I place her to the wall for a moment. I made fire to warm all of us up, gather food, water and etc. She... was shivering due to the cold rain on her clothes. What should I do? I... can't help by taking of her clothes off. That would be inappropriate to do so. Luckily, Ao (the squirrel) handle it for me though I didn't want to harm the girl and don't want to give her the wrong idea. I turned around to not look. For a few minutes later, Ao dressed her up with a robe dress, comfy black shoes, and he dried her long silver hair. The robe dress was tan and it can't be helped since there weren't any colors that I could find. I touched her forehead. I'm glad that her fever didn't rise though she looked tired. I used the fur that Ao (the previous Seiryuu) used for his mask and covered her. Then something fell from her hands. A flute? A paper? I picked them up and then dried them. As I was about to unfold the paper, I saw a drawing of the girl, smiling with two people. Two... people? Are... they her parents? I looked at her. The girl was asleep due to something that I don't know. A while later, I covered the flute and the paper on a cloth. I hanged up her clothes from earlier near (not too near) the fire. At least to warm it up. I looked at the girl who was asleep. I touched her forehead just to make sure that she's not sick or having a fever. Thankfully, she was fine. I sit right beside her. 

Ao: P'kyuu? (comes to me then tries to cheer me up) P'kyuu! 

Me: Ao... What... should I do? She... would be afraid of me... just like the villagers. What should I do? 

        Without knowing, I feel asleep by saying the same exact words that came from my mouth. I was confused yet frightened that she might hate me or more likely afraid of me... What... should I do... Ao...? 

-------------

A/N: I do not own the picture of Ao, the squirrel. Make sure you comment/vote! :D