Chapter Seven

"Peter, I thought you were on a field trip?" the billionaire questioned the spider themed superhero

Tony tried keeping his voice calm, but it sounded strained. He hoped Peter didn't notice. He didn't want to worry the kid.

"I was but- it's not important right now. I need some advice." the teenager said.

Peter felt anxious about asking his mentor for help. He knew Tony didn't mind offering some to the teen, but he didn't like to be a burden to the busy iron clad superhero. He knew Tony had more important matters to deal with than his petty problems.

"Shoot." Tony said.

"I found this girl under the Brooklyn Bridge, she's cold as ice and not waking up. She doesn't seem to have any external injuries so, I was thinking about taking her to the police department. I'm sure someone is looking for her." Peter said quickly.

He knew he was rambling slightly, but he couldn't help it. "Have Karen run a facial recognition scan on her and see who she is first." Tony advised.

Peter felt silly asking Tony for help, he should have known to have done that then bother the busy man. "Karen, run a facial recognition scan." the spiderling said.

"Already done Peter." the AI replied.

Peter smiled at Karen's rapid actions. He was proud of his AI and how well Mr. Stark and him programmed her.

"Mr. Stark, there's not much information on her since she's been out of the system for quite some time. Her name is Annabeth Chase, daughter of Frederick Chase, who is now deceased."

Peter relayed the information to his mentor. He pitied the girl lying in front of him, losing a parent so recently can be hard. He understood more than most. Losing Ben was one of the hardest things he had to endure.

"Did you just say Annabeth Chase?" Mr. Stark asked, his voice filled with an unknown emotion.

"Y-yes. Why? Do you know her?" Spider-Man questioned.

"Bring her to the tower." Tony said in a firm voice that made Peter gulp.

"Okay-" Peter tried to say, but was only cut off by Mr. Stark, who ended the call abruptly. Peter was used to his mentor's sporadic behavior, but tonight took the cake. Tony always said something before ending a call.

"You heard Mr. Stark. Off we go." Peter told Karen.

Annabeth could hear muffled yelling in the background. Voices swirled into one loud shout that made her want to put a pillow over her head. Her lids felt heavy and hard to open.

"She's just a kid! How could you?" Someone shouted.

The voice sounded like Steve's. She had never heard him yell before, he didn't seem like the type of person who would do it often. Annabeth opened her eyes slowly to see Tony and Steve having a yelling match about what she assumed, her. Steve looked pinched and fierce. His fists were clenched and at his sides. Tony had his arms crossed and had an annoyed look on his face.