XXIII

[No one]

     A raven haired female opened her eyes in a cold prison cell deep underground. She blinked a couple of times before quickly getting up and looking around her.

She noticed a brunette male on the floor next to her and began to shake him in panic.

"↸ᒷ ̇/||?! ↸ᒷ ̇/||! ↸ᒷ ̇/||, ∴ᔑꖌᒷ ⚍!¡!"

"⊣-⊣𝙹↸╎..?" The brunette chocked.

"↸ᒷ ̇/||! ᔑ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ 𝙹ꖌᔑ||?" The ravenette asked quickly in relieve he had woken up.

"Y-yeah... I just feel a b-bit funny.." The brunette answered carefully sitting up with the help of his sister.

"∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ'ᓭ  ̇/ᒷꖎ..?" The ravenette realized their brother wasn't there with them.

"Don't worry about him," A female voice echoed through the room and the duo turned around to see something they hadn't expected to see.

In front of them was a broken looking girl with empty brown eyes and messy pumpkin orange hair, which was now only a bit under her shoulders. Her Watcher mask was gone and the cloak she wore was dusty and dirty and full of holes. She looked sad and empty. She was leaning on her left leg. Her right leg and left hand looked rusty.

The duo stared at her with teary eyes. They were both holding their breaths without even noticing. They recognized the girl, and there was no way she was who they thought she was...

"Just stay quiet, don't complain. And you'll be fine," The girl spoke before turning around.

"ᓭ⍑ᒷ-" The ravenette started, but she got cut off by the girl.

"No, don't do that," She whispered. "Just stay quiet," She begged looking at the duo with her empty eyes that were full of tears.

"Why are-" The brunette tried to ask, but the girl cut him off.

"You are the oceans grey waves, destined to seek life beyond the shore, just out of reach. Yet the waters ever change, flowing like time, the path is yours to climb.

In the white light, a hand reaches through, a double edged blade cuts your heart in two. Waking dreams fade away. Embrace the brand new day.

Sing with me a song, of birthrights and love. The light scatteres through to the sky above. Dawn breaks through the gloom, white as a bone,

Lost in thoughts all alone..

Sing with me a song, of silence and blood. The rain falls, but can't wash away the mud. Within my ancient heart dwells, madness and pride. Can no one hear my cry?

You are the oceans grey waves, destined to seek life beyond the shore, just out of reach. Yet the waters ever change, flowing like time, the path is yours to climb.

You are the oceans grey waves."

The duo tried to stay awake, but the song was a trap and soon they were both laying on the floor.

"I-I'm so s-sorry..." The girl sobbed as she walked out of the room locking the door behind her.

"You're such a good girl! Do everything I ask and more!" The voice inside her head complimented before taking the control again.

"I don't have any other opinions.. Don't think I'm doing this because of my own will..."

"I don't care. As long as you do everything I tell you to. If you disobey, I'll kill those two in the prison."