Prologue

[Xelqua]

     Blood..

Everywhere was blood..

My blood...

"It's going to be alright Gri," I heard Xavier's voice in my head.

'I can't make it!' I cried out in my mind.

I was laying on my floor, bleeding. My body was resisting Xavier's power, it was really painful. I was coughing a lot of blood and my floor was a bloody mess.

Xavier was in my head trying to make me calm down or something like that. It wasn't helping because I felt like I was dying.

"You're going to make it," Xavier snapped me back from my thoughts.

'I don't feel like I am!' I snapped at him.

"Just stay strong Gri, it's going to be alright," Xavier kept his voice calm.

'Please, Xav... Take the control...' I begged him in pain.

"I can't. That'll just kill you and I don't want to kill you," He answered calmly.

I let out another cry as pain waved through my body and more blood came out of my mouth.

'Please...' I begged him.

"No Gri, you're going to survive through this!" Xavier answered.

I wanted to resist, but my tiredness took over me and I passed out.

[Mao]

     I let my eyes wander through the old books pages. Me and Sherenidy has spent hours looking for more information about lost souls and we were starting to find less and less new information.

I heard a sigh and a bang. I turned to see Sherenidy half-laying on the table next to me.

"Don't bang your head on the table, you'll end up breaking it and then ᔑꖎ↸ᒷリ will be mad," I chuckled earning a groan from the younger.

"This is just getting useless!" She mentioned.

I sighed. She was right, this was getting useless.

"I know, but we have to continue. There might be some information we have missed!" I reminded her.

Sherenidy groaned, but then her face lit up and she raised her head from the table.

"I know someone who's an expert when it comes to souls and stuff!" She exclaimed.

"Really? Who?" I asked curiously.

"Her name is Xolvaz and she's a Nether demon. She lives in The Scarlett Fields in the Original Nether," Sherenidy explained.

"Should we go there?" I tilted my head

"I mean, I don't really mind a trip to my home," She answered shrugging.

"Looks like we're going then," I nodded.

"I know the exact way to the village, so don't worry about it," She told.

"Should we head to the Portal Hub now?" I asked.

"Sure, it won't be a long trip. ᔑꖎ↸ᒷリ won't mind since it's for information," Sherenidy said nodding.

I stood up and walked to the door. We made our way through the HQ. As we walked outside we noticed that a lot of people recognized us and started whispering something. Definitely annoying.

We quickly made our way through the Portal Hub to the Original Nether. I had to use a spell so I could breath the air, Sherenidy in the other hand was used to the air and didn't need any kind of spells.

"Can you speak the Nether's forgotten language?" She asked tilting her head.

"Yeah, I can," I nodded.

"Good," Sherenidy nodded and turned around. "This is the right direction. The journey will take a couple of hours," She mentioned.

"Let's get going then, shall we?" I tilted my head.

"Mmh, follow me," She hummed and started leading the way towards a deep forest.

Kinda suspicious, but I trusted her. Plus, I had been there before so I knew that the way was almost totally safe.

"Who is this Xolvaz btw?" I asked.

"Xolvaz is a Nether demon and one of the guards in The Scarlett Fields. She's my childhood friend and almost like a sister to me," Sherenidy explained.

"Almost like a sister?" I tilted my head.

"I would call her my sister, but I feel like I already have too many siblings," Sherenidy explained letting our a small laugh.

"Hah, understandable," I chuckled.

"She only speaks the Nether's forgotten language and doesn't understand English at all," The female mentioned.

"I'll keep that in mind," I nodded.

We reached the entrance to the forest. It was completely dark and looked endless. Sherenidy summoned a purple flame to her hand and turned to look at me.

"Are you ready?" She asked tilting her head.

"Yep, let's go," I nodded.

She gave me a smile and then turned around starting to lead me into the darkness. I followed her and soon the darkness had swallowed us.

It's time for the darkness to fall...

Words: 770