XIII

[Kasen]

     I couldn't do anything else than watch as Yenny tried to help Xelqua, and that was killing me. I wanted to help so badly, but I wasn't a nurse and I didn't know how to help. Luckily I trusted Yenny with my whole life and I knew she was doing her best.

"Do you know what's happening?" I asked quietly.

"I honestly don't know.. It's like there's something resisting the medicines, but I have no idea what!" She groaned.

"Is he going to be alright..?" I continued now with worry.

"..." She stayed quiet for a moment. "..I...I... I honestly don't know.." She whispered.

I couldn't answer anything. I just bit my lower lip hoping he would be alright.

"I... I'll do what I can.." She whispered giving me a pitiful look.

"I know and I'm pretty sure he also appreciates that," I tried to smile sadly, but it was pretty impossible.

"Yeah.." She whispered.

The room fell into silence as Yenny tried to help Xelqua the best she could. I just watched them not wanting to distract her.

[Xelqua]

     I was in a lot of pain and surrounded by darkness. I didn't know where I was or why I was here.

"Gri..."

"Xavier?"

"I don't think that you'll make it through this alive..."

"What do you mean?"

"Our powers are making your wounds worse.. Nothing's going to help.. You'll die..."

I froze as I realize what he meant.

"Is there anything we can do about it..?"

"If we transfer to Xelvier... But that would mean we would share your body forever.. With both of us in control..."

"Can we hide our horns?"

"Yes.."

"I'm not ready to die yet!"

"Gri... Xelvier will start slowly eating your soul.. And you'll die faster..."

"How much faster?"

"I'd say that you won't live any longer than maybe ten years... So you would die at age 35 or something like that... Maybe even faster.."

"I'd rather live a little more than die now.."

"But there's are other negative sides too!"

"Like?"

"We might totally lose ourselves.. And we'll still have those... Moments..."

"There isn't really other opinions, isn't there?"

"Gri.. You could be free.."

"I don't want to die yet.."

"If you make a permanent deal, our souls will get stuck together forever and we can't ever be free... Even when we die, we'll still going to be stuck in an endless void.. It's worse than dying itself..."

"Xav, I'm not ready to die.. I know that there have been moments when I have begged you to kill me, but I've been wrong.. I'm not ready to die!"

"Are you sure you want this.?"

"100% positive! I want to live."

"There's no going back if we do this.."

"I don't care!"