2

Darcy's POV

My eyes could look anywhere and I would see the most breathtaking pieces of artwork. I can't believe I could have seen something so beautiful in this meek city of Bedrock. My legs took me all around the museum as overflowing colors surrounded me. It felt like I walked through a huge collection of rainbows.

Goosebumps all over my skin.

" Why are you staring at the blank wall, son? ", I heard a loud voice behind me and it felt like I snapped out of a trance. I turned around and saw an old man.

" What do you mean white wall? ", I asked and turned around to actually find a white blank wall. Just a second ago, there was a huge painting but now it was gone.

" Are you feeling well? Or maybe you're on those shrooms? ", The man sighed as he started walking away from me., " This generation can't be saved. A stoned guy is walking around and oogling at walls! "

" Why do I feel like this... ", I looked around, trying to find meaning when I remember the girl I talked to briefly.

She's the last thing I remember before my mind went all crazy.

Suddenly, a sharp ring went off and I saw multiple people in uniforms rushing in. The workers of this museum looked panicked.

I noticed a police officer walk in with a walkie talkie in his hands.

" Yes sir, we have confirmed. The Queen of Quahog's locket is missing. I repeat, the blue diamond is missing. The guard who is supposed to be guarding that room is missing as well so currently, he is our prime suspect. I'll inform any further information I get. Over and out. ", He spoke and the line went dead from the other side.

Hearing about a royal locket being stolen suprised me but it didn't concern me much. Without much thought, I walked out of the museum when two guards stopped me to check if I had anything that shouldn't be with me. I patiently let them check and when they were sure that I didn't have the locket, they let me go.

I walked through the Bedrock market and went to an ice cream parlour to buy an ice cream and hopefully rid of this weird sensation of not being able to remember something.

" What would you like to have? ", The vendor asked and I pointed at the plain vanilla ice cream when I felt someone else stand beside me.

I looked up to see the girl from before.

" You? ", I asked and she turned around, suprised to see me.

" Oh! You... from the museum. Hello again. ", She said with a smile. The vendor handed me the vanilla ice cream while she took the chocolate.

" Are you here on a trip? You don't look like a local. ", I asked and she nodded.

" I came here for a weekend trip. ", She responded when I heard a siren. I looked over and the police car stopped in front of the museum.

" On that note, someone stole the queen's locket. I can't remember what the name was? Quh-Gu- ", I struggled to remember when she stopped me.

" Quahog. I heard about it from a passersby. ", She said with a shrug.

While slurping on the cold dessert, I pulled my hands to my side to pill out my wallet when I clashed against her. Almost instantly, a small locket fell from her pocket.

She quickly picked it up and shoved it back in her pocket.

" That is a very pretty locket. Why are you not wearing it? I think it will look good with your outfit. ", I suggested and noticed her eyes widen.

" Ah! My chain broke so I have to carry it around in my pocket.  ", She laughed nervously before looking around the market.

The market was vast and I noticed multiple jewellery stall beside the ice cream parlour. I went to the shop and picked up a thick silver chain.

" Here. That'll suit the locket. "

Her lips parted as if she had something to tell but they just widened to form a smile.

" Thank you. ", She smiled as she saw the chain. I realised that she wouldn't be able to wear it by herself so I kept my ice cream cup and stepped forward.

" Let me do it for you... ', I said, almost instantly a whisper as I picked up the locket from her hands and stringed it on the chain. Taking the two faces apart, I placed the locket on her neck.

She pulled forward her hair to help me tie the locket. My fingers struggled  but finally managed to clip the chain.

The girl turned around and I saw the beautiful blue locket against her neck.  That's when I realised that I was technically staring at a woman's chest so I quickly looked up at her eyes.

She didn't look angry but I could see a pinkish tint on her bare cheeks. She was flustered and seeing her like that made me flustered as well!

" It looks amazing! ", I complimented.

Her fingers kept brushing against the locket, almost like she didn't want anyone else to see it. Her eyes wandered around the market place again before she started to walk away.

" Oh wait. ", I stopped her. " You didn't tell me your name? "

" I don't think we should share names with each other. We have already met each other twice in a day so it's very unlikely that we'll meet again... ", She smirked as she kept walking.

" Alright. If fate brings us together for the third time, you must tell me your name then! ", I yelled at him and she gave me a thumbs up before disappearing into the crowd.

---🚏