Chapter 3

"W-wait, no, no! Please, I'll do anything!" You cried out as Masky approached you, a lot faster than you expected. He marched over to you in two seconds and grabbed you by the throat, lifting you up and slamming you against the wall.
"Get someone to tie her up," he ordered, and Toby sighed deeply before turning and leaving the room, "we're gonna have a bit of fun before I show you mercy, aren't we, Hoodie?"
Hoodie stayed silent, and just stared at Masky, seemingly judgementally, before turning and leaving.
"Whatever," Masky clicked his tongue, then tightened his grip, "guess it's just me and you, hm?"
You yelped as he threw you across the room, air soaring past your ears before you slammed into the wall. The air in your lungs left with a wheezing sound, and you coughed, desperate to get more air in. Suddenly, you felt something hard pressing into your ass. You had completely forgotten about your pocket knife. Masky was walking over to you again, faster than before, and you snatched out your pocket knife, flicked it open and slashed it towards his face. You heard him yell out, then hit the ground with a thud. The floorboards in the room groaned. In the moonlight, you saw blood glistening as droplets hit the floor. The sound of the blood meeting the floor, now forming a tiny puddle, was the only sound filling the room. Masky slowly stood, and you saw you had hit his mask askew, cutting him from his ear to his chin in the process. The tension in the room got thicker, and you felt like you were going to vomit. The feeling of doom filled every part of the room, leaking through the floorboards and sticking to your hair. This was it. You were doing to die. You regretted not responding to your mom now. Not telling her you loved her enough. Not seeing her enough.
"Well aren't you bold?" Masky said, terrifyingly calm, and he approached you. His hand wrapped around your face, forcing you to look at him. He was so close you could see his bloodthirsty eyes in the darkness of his mask. They were brown.
"I- Please, I'm sorry, I was just scared!" You begged. Masky grabbed your wrist with his other hand, causing you to drop the knife. He pulled you to your feet, then slammed you against the wall, causing you to whimper in pain and fear. The smell of blood and beer swam over you as he got close.
"I like you. You surprised me then. Not many people can surprise me, you know that, Y/N?" Masky spoke to you like you were food, like you weren't human. Trying to look away, he tightened his grip on your face, "don't you dare look away from me. Look at what you did. Nobody has ever cut me before, at least not a worthless human like you. Are you different? Are you special? Do you deserve to live?"
You stared into his gleeful eyes in horror. He was enjoying this, he enjoyed indulging your hope that he wouldn't hurt you just to crush them again. It was like a game to him. You weren't human in his eyes. You was a toy.
"I couldn't find The Puppeteer, so I got something to tie her up with," Toby entered again, with rope. Then he took a look at Masky, "she got a swing at you, huh? How's your ego feeling?"
"Better than ever, you sarcastic little shit. We won't be needing that," Masky said, and Toby blinked back at him, "I want to keep her."
"Huh?" Was all Toby could say, with a crack of his neck.
"I want to keep her. See how long she lasts here. It can be a game," Masky dropped you and you rubbed your wrist. He bent down and picked up your knife, wiping the blood on his jacket before folding it back in and handing it to you.
"doesn't that sound fun, Y/N?"

Masky led you down a dark, sticky hallway, Toby following. Every so often you would hear him click his tongue or mutter something. Every so often you would pass a door which would have some commotion happening behind, like an argument, or screaming. It made you flinch every time, but luckily Masky didn't see and Toby didn't seem like the type to tell him anything that he could use. He didn't seem to like Masky very much.
"Here we are, Y/N," Masky suddenly turned and presented a key to you, then turned and unlocked a door, "this will be yours until, well, someone gets to you I suppose."
Cautiously, you opened the door, trying not to have your back to Masky, and peered in. It was a room like the one before, plain wooden floors, walls and ceiling, with a window on the far side of the room. But this one had another door going off of it on the right, a bed in the left corner with a bedside table, a desk on the left side of the door, and a set of drawers just beside the second door. It wasn't too bad, compared to how you imagined it to be.
"Personalise it if you want, even though you won't find anything to do that with here. You aren't allowed to leave the mansion. And if you try," Masky tilted his head at you, and you noticed he had adjusted his mask back into place, "I'll bury you alive."
Spooked by this threat, which you doubt he wouldn't go through with, you watched as he turned and left. Toby remained, and looked at you for a while before speaking.
"The door locks from the inside. Do it. Creepypastas can smell humans. They know you're here. If the door's locked, they'll just leave," Toby told you, then looked you up and down quickly and left.
You quickly slammed the door shut and locked it like you advised you, and then leant against it, sighing. You slowly slid down to the floor, and the wave of tears you were suppressing came over you. Tears dripped down your face as you curled into yourself, sobbing as quietly as you could. You just wanted to go home. Why did this happen to you? Out of everyone, they chose you. You were scared, and you ached everywhere. You were sure tomorrow you would be bruised over every inch of your body. Painfully, and still sobbing, you curled up on the floor and eventually fell into an unsettled sleep.

You shot awake to the sunlight hitting your face. But it wasn't a bright, comforting sunlight. It was a dull, weak sunlight. Like even the joy of the sun had been sucked away. Taking a look around, the room you were in looked a lot less intimidating than last night. But it still looked like a prison cell. The key to your door was still clasped in your hand, and as you sat up and looked at it, you saw it had left an imprint. You must've had an unsettled sleep. Although, what really woke you up was someone outside the door.
"I know you're in there," the voice said, and you felt your stomach clench, "I have your breakfast."
Oh. It was just Toby. Standing up, you hesitantly began unlocking the door. Out of everyone you had met so far, so three people, Toby was the least intimidating. When you opened your door, you saw Toby holding out a plate of toast. His hand twitched, and he nearly dropped it, but you grabbed it in time.
"Sorry." He said, then looked at you, "can i come in?"
You stared at him for a moment, then looked over his shoulder and your stomach clenched as you saw someone with a blue mask staring at you. It wouldn't hurt to have some protection.
"Yes," you responded quietly, and Toby entered. You shut the door, and locked it. Just in case. You then approached the bed and sat on it, realising it was surprisingly comfortable. Toby watched you as you nibbled on the toast, not feeling hungry but knowing you needed to eat.
"You didn't sleep." He pointed out, and you looked at the bedding.
"I did. I slept on the floor by the door. I didn't mean to fall asleep," you replied, and Toby stared at you judgementally before pulling the chair from your desk to sit near you.
"Are you still in p-pain?" He asked, and you looked down at your body to see that your wrist was bruised, and that the bandages that Toby applied were still there.
"I feel a bit sore. I guess that's expected though," you replied quietly, managing half of one of the slices of toast before setting the plate down on your bedside table, "what's going to happen to me?"
"Nothing," Toby replied, still looking at you, "if you're careful. I'll bring you whatever you need, just don't leave this room." He got up and grabbed the plate from your bedside, then turned to leave.
"Why are you doing this?" You asked suddenly, "helping me. Everyone else here wants to kill me."
Toby paused as he unlocked your door, then threw the key back to you. You approached him, ready to lock the door again.
"We'll save that conversation for another time. When He's not here." Toby replied. You wanted to ask who "He" was, but decided not to.
"Well... do you mind getting my bag from work? And my toothbrush and shit from home? The apartment key is in my bag." You asked hopefully, and Toby glared at you.
"When did your servant die?" He said sarcastically, then sighed, "fine. Bye."
And with that, Toby left, and you quickly locked the door behind him. As you did, you heard slow footsteps approach your door, then watched uncomfortably as the door handle slowly turned as whoever was on the other side attempted to open it. After a few moments, whoever it was then turned and walked away back down the hallway they came.