The Party

Lexi's P.O.V

Do you ever get that feeling when you don't understand your own feelings? Because that's how I feel right now. In about an hour Jase is going to pick me up for the party. I'm dressed and everything but I'm pacing around my room because I can't comprehend what happened earlier.

Will admitted that he liked me, ever since he said that I am confused on my own feelings for him. The amount of agony I feel now, is tearing up my insides, it feels like I'm in a big box of confusion.

Knock. Knock.

"Yeah, come in," My mom walks in.

"It's called love, sweetie," Mom says pitifully.

"What? What are you talking about?" I question her.

"Don't act like you don't know! There's a boy, I know," Mom scolds me.

She sits down on my bed and motions for me to sit next to her, I walk over and do so. She wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"How do you know?" I say slowly.

"Oh please! I know you, don't you think I can hear your heels constantly moving around from downstairs?! I know you're stressed. You have tells," Mom makes a smartass remark.

I sigh.

"What's his name?" She asks me.

"Will," I say without hesitation.

"Is he one of your friends from the Internet?" My mom knew about me having internet friends, she knows about PAX, YouTube, almost everything.

"Yes, sadly," I reply.

"Tell me about him," She says. I loved it when my mom talked to me like this, times like this she acted more like a friend than a mother. These are the times I cherish.

"Well, he's 18. He's british, with the cutest accent. He also does YouTube. There's the basic stuff. I'll show you a picture. Oh, did I mention he's going to PAX?" I speed through that, I didn't even have to think. The words just flew out of my mouth.

"Haha, well Lexi, all I have to tell you is that you like Will. Just by the way you talk about him, and the feelings he makes you feel just shows how much you care about him," She shows me a slight smile after making that mini-speech. She stood up.

"I guess I do," I say quietly. Mom turns around and winks.

"You better head downstairs, you're getting picked up in 10 minutes," She warns and exits my room.

I get up, grab my bag, and walk downstairs. My mood changed, I feel better and I'm not feeling so much agony or emotional pain. My mom helped me figure out my feelings. Thanks mom.

Ding dong.

I check myself, I check if anything is wrong with my outfit, and when I'm mentally prepared I open the door.

"Hey!" Jase says, and he smiles.

"Hey," I reply and I start to walk towards his car.

"Be back by 11!" My mom peeks her head out the front door and yells. I laugh and give her a thumbs up.

"Ladies first!" Jase gestures towards the passenger door on the car, and opens it for me.

"Why thank you!" I laugh and I smile.

The drive to the party was pretty chill, we just had basic banter while the radio was playing in the background.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you! My friend Alyssa is meeting us there, I'm texting her the address later, I'm sorry if there was no invites, but I don't really go anywhere without her," I tell him.