✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜- "𝕀'𝕞 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪."✨

-𝙱𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊-

"I missed it." I finally whispered. "I missed Nationals."

My roommates gasped. I could tell that they'd forgotten about it.

My throat burned from holding back so many tears, so I finally let them free, not caring as they flowed down my cheeks.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, and I gratefully leaned into it, not caring who it was. Another arm came around my waist, followed by one on my hand, one on my arm, and so forth, making it feel like some sort of a group hug.

I let my sobs loose, crying for hours. They lessened to soft whimpers, and I finally had the courage to look at my friends. Just as I'd expected, they were all looking at me with pity.

"I'm sorr-" Mar started, but I stopped her.

"I don't want you pity." I said as I straightened up. "I missed it, and that's that." I tried to sound confident, and my voice was good enough to convince. But I knew that my eyes gave away how crestfallen and upset I was.

"Can I have a few moments to myself?" I asked.

When Fitz, Keefe, Sophie, Mar, and Dex all filed out of the room, I laid down and turned to my side, facing away from the door.

It was a pretty big room, and I could tell Fitz had paid extra to get me a private one.

I smiled softly. Fitz wasn't the best at being nice and loving, and he certainly wasn't perfect. But his small gestures of kindness proved that he really did care.

I looked down at my leg, which was positioned uncomfortably so that I could turn to my side.

Tears fell from my eyes and I shut them tightly, sobbing. My tears didn't stop even as I felt the sun go away. They still didn't stop as I heard someone open the door and sit down next to me.

The person started stroking my hair, but my eyes were closed, so I didn't know who it was.

Until he started singing.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"

There was only one person I knew that could sing so beautifully.

"I'm sorry, yeah
Sorry, yeah
Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"

Sometimes, I wondered if singing was a language on its own.

"I'll take every single piece of the blame if you want me to
But you know that there is no innocent one in this game for two
I'll go, I'll go and then you go, you go out and spill the truth
Can we both say the words and forget this?"

And this time, I sang as well.

"Yeah, is it too late now to say sorry?
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"

I could almost feel Tam smiling as he sang back.

"I'm not just trying to get you back on me
Cause I'm missing more than just your body
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?
I'm sorry, yeah
Sorry, oh
I'm Sorry..."

Our voices joined together to sing the last part.

"Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?
I'm sorry, yeah
Sorry, ohh
I'm Sorry
Yeah I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?"

I opened my eyes, and Tammy was sitting right there, still softly stroking my hair.

"What are you sorry for?" I whispered.

He looked into my eyes sadly.

"For everything. For dragging you into my life. For injuring you. For-"

"Tam. I'm glad you dragged me into your life. And you're not the one who injured me. I lost my balance, so it's my fault."

Tam looked away, and I could tell he didn't believe it.

I sat up and tilted his chin towards me.

"Really, Tammy. It's not your fault, and I'm not blaming you."

"You should."

"But I'm not."

A tear fell down his cheek, and I gently wiped it away.

"Thank you." he whispered.

"Of course."

"Biana? I- oh."

Tam and I jumped apart, although I couldn't move as much, as Dex came through the door.

"Well, uh... I'll leave you two to it." Tam said awkwardly, running towards the door.

After he bolted out, I turned to Dex. I was a little frustrated that he'd chased Tammy out, but I was still curious to why he was here.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Fitz called your parents, and they wanted me to tell you that they wanted to come but couldn't because they had to stay for rehearsals."

"Of course they did." I muttered.

Their only daughter nearly died, and they couldn't miss ONE REHEARSAL to come and see her?

I just shoved the thought out of my mind and asked, "Is that all?"

"Yeah. Oh, and Sophie and Maruca brought you some things from your room."

My eyes lit up, and I took the bags from him. They were filled with things like my phone, a few clothes, some makeup supplies, things like that.

"Thanks."

"No prob."

He just stood there for a moment, and then opened his mouth to say something but shut it again. Then he walked out without another word.

I unpacked the bags and set them up around the room. I wasn't allowed to walk yet, so I decorated the nightstand beside me. The girls had packed the pictures that had been on my nightstand back home, which were pictures of me and my friends. I arranged them carefully and moved on to the next bag.

After a while, I finished, and the room looked much more homey than before.

They'd also packed Tam's robe so I changed into a nightgown and threw the robe on over it. Changing was actually pretty hard, considering my bandaged leg.

Then, the nurse, a super nice lady named Livvy, came in to give me medication, and afterwards, I laid awake, just staring at the ceiling.

My phone read 12:32. I sighed.

I wish I could go to the hill again and listen to Tam's singing... but no. I'm stuck in this stupid cot without him nor the hill.

I miss Tammy.

Sorry by Justin Bieber

Hey guys! Whoa, over 1,050 words. That's... wow. I usually only write like, 500. Well, have a great day/night! Love You!!

-Emmie