✨ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠- 𝔸𝕝𝕧𝕒𝕣✨

-𝙱𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚊-

~Previously~

I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep again, so I put on Tam's robe over my nightgown and crept downstairs.

I'd just opened the door when...

"Going somewhere?"

"Keefe?"

~Now~

A lamp clicked on, and sure enough, Keefe was sitting on one of the couches in a blue bathrobe.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just going on a walk." I replied, rolling my eyes.

Keefe raised an eyebrow. "At 12:00?"

I sighed. "Okay, fine, I'm going up to the hill because I can't sleep. Happy now?"

"I'm going with you."

"No, you're not."

"Yes. I. Am." he growled. There was something dulling his eyes, something that wasn't there before.

"Are you okay, Keefe?" I whispered.

"I'm fine." he responded.

"Then why are you crying?" I ask, wiping away a tear from his cheek.

But then I realized what it was.

Guilt.

I brought him over to the couch.

"What's wrong?"

He didn't reply.

"Answer the question, Keefe."

Nothing.

"Why are you guilty?"

"Because I was worried okay?!" He shouted, causing me to shush him.

"I was worried that you were hurt or possibly dead! I was ashamed that I didn't protect you!"

"Keefe..." I took his hand into mine. "It's not your job to protect me."

"Isn't it?" he asked. "All my life, you've been the sister I've never had. Of course I have to protect you."

(Aww I just love their friendship, don't you?)

"But I can take care of myself." I reminded him. "Remember that time I kicked your butt when you, my brothers, and I were playing football?"

He smiled. "You were 8, I was 10. That was the day I knew I shouldn't mess with you."

I playfully ruffled his hair. "And yet you still do it all the time."

We stayed there for a while until I said, "Well, I'd better get going. It's already 1:00."

I stood up to leave but Keefe said, "Wait. You said you're going because you can't sleep, right?"

I nodded.

"You know that if you can't sleep it means that someone's thinking about you, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Puh-lease. I don't believe in children's myths."

I walked out before he could reply.

I walked towards the hill, and the walk wasn't that long, but it still gave me time to think.

That day that I played football with Keefe and my brothers had been the craziest day ever.

~Flashback~