...chapter

Today was the big day! The last one of the chunin exams. Panda-Chan was up bright and early too excited to sleep. But some part of me wished that the exams were farther away.

"Love, I hate to sour your mood...but..." I whispered. I could basically see his heat drop. Chakra rushed to his eyes and i could only guess he was on the verge of crying.

"Oh dear god, not like that love! I meant...what's going to happen when you need to go back to your village?" I asked softly taking his hands in mine. He froze. "I-I don't know...but I want to stay with you!" He insisted. I sighed and kissed his cheek. 

"Love, I know you want to stay with me, but what about your siblings?" I asked. "T-they can visit!" He said. I sighed. "But what happens if your father passes. I know your next in line." I told him.

"Then we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." He demanded. I chuckled and kissed his forehead. "Of course my flower."

I sat at the top of my bed and held my arms open to him. He crawled into my lap hugging me with his head on my chest.

"Gaara, I want to tell you something in case....well in case I die today." I whispered into his neck. He gasped and the chakra rushed to his eyes again.

"W-what?" He asked. 

"Gaara, do you know how I met the legendary Sanin?" I asked. He shook his head. "When I was four, I became an anbu. That's also when I met the sanin. The toad sage, lady tsunade, and Orochimaru. They treated me like a kid. An actual fucking kid. Not a demon, or an anbu." I smiled. "I had about two wonderful years with them. Then Orochimaru turned on us all. He was banished and I still feel as if he took a part of me with him. Now he wants to kill me." I scoffed.

"He's powerful. And this mark could control me if I let it. Sometimes I don't know what to do. These nights have been full of nightmares of non-ending darkness. I'm just glad I have you with me, my flower." I kissed his head.

"And if I die, I want you to know that you have been the first person I've loved since Itachi left. Sure I had Jiraiya, but he was mostly out of the picture with tsunade. Itachi left me...and I haven't been the same since. Jiji has been by my side the entire time, but I can't help but think he's only doing it out of charity to my father. And then I have the thought inside my head that says on repeat, I killed someone when I was four." I whispered fighting back tears. "And I didn't feel anything. it makes me feel like a monster. A heartless fucking-" I couldn't say anything more when Gaara kissed me. I kissed back the best I could before a tear escaped my eyes. 

Gaara hugged me and i buried my head into his shoulder as I silently cried. After a few minuets of him comforting me I picked my head up and refused to show my face to him. 

I haven't cried since I was four.

I got up from the bed and got my clothes out of my closet. As I was doing this my flower hugged me from behind. He started tracing letters on my back.

I

L

O

V

E

Y

O

U

I flipped around and picked him up. I hooked my hands under his ass and he hooked his hands around my neck. 

I thanked him softly over and over again. After a few minuets of the I gently set him down on the ground and he wiped my tears with his small hands. I grabbed his hand and kissed it gently. He flushed and I kissed his nose.

"Let's go my flower."

We were at the chunin exams finally. If people didn't make it in the preliminary they came to watch and cheer us on. I was in the second-to-last round against Neji. I had transformed ,just before we left the house, into my orange jumpsuit and crazy personality. I made sure to step a few feet away from gaara so any of the rocks or beer bottles didn't hit him. 

"Naruto!' They all yelled when the first beer bottle hit me. Gaara was about to come to be but I just looked at him sadly and shook my head. The taunts got worse but thankfully we were soon at the exams. 

The first round started and Temari won against shikimaru. He's one lazy ass. The rounds went on and the it was my turn against neji. 

I jumped down from the viewing area and landed on the ground gracefully. Neji did the same and we got into our fighting positions. I could still hear the taunts in the crowds. We started off in hand to hand combat for a while,until I took him out with a chop of the neck. 

I carefully picked him up and walked up the stairs to the infirmary. But on my way there I found something weird. Ser el people in the crowd had their hands that looked ready to make a jutsu at seconds notice, and they had cloaks over their heads. 

I nodded to myself Then I quickly ran back to the battle field when Susake and gaara started fighting after I dropped Neji off.  But instead of going to the viewing area I changed into my anbu outfit and i shunshined to Jiji. I bowed down at him and I could see him somewhat cringe.

"Hokage-sama. All of the genin are safe, but I have spotted imposters in the crowd, ready to put a sleeping jutsu on everyone." I reported while looking straight into the eyes of the kazekage, or my uncle.

"Anything you have to say about that? Orochimaru." I spit. His eyes widened and he grabbed Jiji before I could do anything. "JIJI!" I screamed behind my mask as I jumped after them. But I was too slow. I was too fucking slow. His four demons had put up the wall.

"JIJI! HANG ON JIJI!" I screamed. I summoned my anbu and the all summoned around me. "The hokage is in trouble! Do everything you can to take down this barrier. All different directions! Find a weak spot!" I demanded. "HAI KITSUNE-SAMA!" they all yelled and then hopped away. Four stayed behind with me. 

"Dog! Give me your chakra blade, you as well bear." I demanded. I was tossed two chakra blades and then I charged at the wall. I kept slashing and slashing trying to get an opening. 

"Captain! You'll deplete all of your chakra!" Dog shouted. I grunted. "Fine! You all try to find an opening! Call me if you need me!" I yelled. They nodded but I doubled over in pain and clutched my shoulder. I gasped.

"Captain!" Hatake yelled. He ran beside me and looked at the curse mark. "This is the first it's acted up. I need to fo." I winced. Hatake sighed but let me go. I ran around trying to find my flower.

"Kitsune!" Susake yelled. I quickly ran to him. "Is everyone alright? Where is gaara?" I quickly asked. "Sakura was able to deflect the jutsu for the genin and gaara is with the others I came looking for you. How's the hokage?" Susake asked. I ignored him and quickly ran to where I thought the other could be. As soon as I spotted gaara I threw my mask down and hugged him. He hugged back and I could feel my shoulder getting wet.

"Shhh I'm alright. We're alright." I whispered. He nodded and dried his eyes. I pulled away and kissed his head. 

"Where's the hokage? We heard you yell for him." Choji asked. I looked down and away from them before whispering,

 "He's not going to make it."